BiscoeT

Is it possible??

I make practically no money (military). But i want to get into skydiving.

I have $2700 to spend on it.

How should i use that money toward getting trained, and getting as much equipment as i can possibly afford. I understand it wont be much.

Thanks

go to gryttjom skydiving club in sweden. half the price for student programme than most places and no extra cost for rejumps. free accomodation and a really excellent place to be, a twin otter and a an28 for all your exiting needs/wants.

just left there today and i miss it allready!

look them up and contact them. ryanair flys to stockholm (or not too far away anyway)

good luck,

do it
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

Just read a reply to your post, not the one now, it was just before.

Posted a reply but was denied, looked at the post again, not there.

Why ?? Was it greenied.
it deosn't mttaer waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is frist and lsat ltteer is at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm.

Where are you stationed?

I would say to first seek out one of the many military
clubs around the country, they used to have free jumps for active duty, at least for experianced jumpers, this may or may not save you a bundle cash.

If that don't work out then it comes back to where you are as to point you to a sport DZ.

~
you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

I make practically no money (military). But i want to get into skydiving.

I have $2700 to spend on it.

How should i use that money toward getting trained, and getting as much equipment as i can possibly afford. I understand it wont be much.

Thanks

Travel to Skydive Chicago for one of the weeks they do their "AFP In a Week" program... your budget will take you all the way to your A license (25 jumps) and the 18 step AFP program is significantly better than the 7 step AFF program that most dropzones use. You'll come out a significantly better flier having only 25 jumps graduating at skydive chicago.
Matt Christenson

[email protected]
http://www.RealDropzone.com - A new breed of dropzone manifest software.

Im stationed in monterey, Ca

I may know of a guy who will give me AFF for 1000. Not sure if that includes re jumps

There a few good places around here from what im told... SMB, Skydance and a few more...

Should i plan on spending that money on just getting certified.. and if so can i plan on having any left over for gear?

I don't know anything about military jumping, but for sport training go to either Skydive Monterey Bay or Hollister

According to their websites, AFF costs $1,420 at SMB and $1,490 at Hollister, and both offer 10 free jumps after graduation, or SMB will let you have 1 free repeat level instead. There may be a military, student, or cash discount, so ask when you get there or give them a call.

I did my AFF at SMB a few years ago under different ownership and an instructor who doesn't jump there anymore, but I was happy with my training. It's mainly a tandem DZ, but since you're close by you may want to consider it.

Hollister has more fun jumpers, and from what I've seen has a good AFF program. Hollister's weather is also usually a lot better. I spent from June-Oct. getting through AFF because of numerous cloud and wind holds at SMB. I would recommend Hollister because of the weather and more fun atmosphere but it all depends on how much driving you want to do.

After AFF, you should probably pick up some accessories such as helmet, goggles, altimeter, and jumpsuit before buying a rig. But after jumps and rentals you'll probably get to about the A license stage when you run out of $ unless you've saved some more up by then. It's definitely possible and well worth it thoughB|.

Lots of good reading here:
http://www.dropzone.com/safety/Gear_and_Equipment/index.shtml
BASE 1224, Senior Parachute Rigger, CPL ASEL IA, AGI, IGI
USPA Coach & UPT Tandem Instructor, PRO, Altimaster Field Support Representative

I may know of a guy who will give me AFF for 1000. Not sure if that includes re jumps
Should i plan on spending that money on just getting certified.. and if so can i plan on having any left over for gear?

$1000 is a good price for 7 AFF jumps, if that guy is for real you should explore that option.

Don't buy a rig before 30 or 40 jumps, it is too easy to make a mistake and buy something that you won't want to jump.