fpritchett64

Incidents this year!!

Correction, 2006 has 14 as of today in the US, I missed adding 2 to the database. The numbers are still WAY down compared to previous years.

...and about 22% of those fatalities have been in our state, which is home to only about 5 DZ's (that I know of)

I say this is a bad year for ohio... :(

Hopefully it's just an anomaly...
-Ghetto
"The reason death cannot frighten me, is because life has cured me of fear."
Web Design
Cleveland Skydiving

Ohio has 8 DZ's http://www.dropzone.com/dropzone/North_America/United_States/Ohio/index.html The Waynesville one is old and not open currently if I understand correctly. But yes, there have been 3 in Ohio alone at different dropzones. Looking at the near incidents almost every DZ in Ohio/Indiana/Ky have had some sort of accident resulting in serious injuries this summer. Over all it has not been that great of a summer for the area. [:/]
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Right on bro! Many of the new generation of skydivers have the idea that skydiving is all unicorns, butterflies and daisies nowday's. The sport has become much safer over the decades with better gear and structured training. But the human factor and the unpredictability of changing weather conditions combined with the fact that bad shit just happens sometimes is still with us. Remember "Blue skies, black death" always be prepared for the worst even when things are going great. As far as the # of fatalities this year, it's not how many that are really disturbing, it's the way they occured. The tandem students falling out of the harness is very disturbing since these incidents were the first of this type in all the decades of tandem skydiving to occur. The gear is only as good as the human using it. Have fun out there,but remember the reaper is always out there watching and waiting.