somethinelse

Being Non-Current

Dang it all.
I got hooked on this sport and its been one thing after another to try to keep just current.
Seems like bad luck was definitiely MY THING...
Until this year! When things are finally starting to turn around for me finacially.

Now that I want to start jumping again, and trying to get current, I find it frusterating to try to get the time and help that I need, especailly with a stupid usual 6-day work week.

Well, I've had it with renting! I've had enough of feeling like a dumb hobby tourist newb, and am definitely-NO MATTER WHAT BUYING GEAR WITH MY TAX RETURN! This late winter.

What all do I have to do to safely get in the air again? Yes, I gotta rent until I have my own gear.

I need ideas for who, where when in Michigan to get training tips coaching etc, to help me over the hurdle to learning and continuing to grow in this sport.

Thanx ya'all sorry for the rant!

-LuLu LiLa.

(opps...edited for typing too fast & sloppy)

Simple...call, or better yet, visit the DZs in your area. You've got an A license so I assume that you know enough to choose a good DZ that can fill your needs.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Well,
I put $$$$ into at least getting this far,
and it just keeps adding up. So get used to it;). HA!

How I got thru training eventually-
Was to find a friendly DZ that worked with me to do an integrated program& AFP- which uses ONE TRAINER during ground work as well as in freefall.

I had the utmost faith and confidence in my trainer,
and we worked the way thru the A-Licence check list.

Basically, most of my freetime on weekends,
as well as my alotted fun spending money after necessities went to skydiving...
And I got my A within a summer's time.

And hey, I had a low paying job at the time too.
I was just broker than usual that summer.
So if I could do it, so can you.
Ok?
:)

Blues!
LuLu.

...What all do I have to do to safely get in the air again? Yes, I gotta rent until I have my own gear...
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Jump. Do a solo, or a simple small-way with someone who knows your current experience level. Plan for a high pull, and enjoy the ride. (This, after all, is the main reason you got into the sport in the first place, right?)

Don't worry about the anxiety, it's part of the process.

This does not need to cost more than a single jump ticket. I don't care how long you've been on the ground. If that "A" license means anything at all, it means you have learned the basics and can safely jumpmaster yourself. You should not have to endure a bunch of formal ground training. Take a ride in a hanging harness if one is available, go over the wind direction & pattern with an instructor, and get on the plane.

Due to the current legislative mind-set of the sport's leadership you may be required to pay for some extra training, but you don't need it.

Happy skies!

Cheers,
Jon S.

Heya Airman.

Thanx so much for your encouragement! You've really brightened things up for me. I appreciate it.

I work for the Post Office, and amazingly had 3 possible days available within the next week to get in retraining- Mon, Tues, or next Sun... One of the trainers I checked with told me that he thought there was a class sceduled for Tues. Only to find the orginal group slotted for the class postponed til next week.

It can really be a frusterating when you gotta try to rearrange your work-life schedule(dang near impossible[:/]) to make a weekday retaining ground school class.

As late as it's getting, and our DZ soon to close for the winter, I might not be able to get in the air at all, unless a possible option for me could be to have a coach jump after being rebrieed on emergency proceedures again...I'll have to see if that IS an option.

Well I guess I'll find out soon enough.

Blues- LuLu.

Would you say the same thing to someone that has been away from skydiving for 20 years? People like that show up at DZ's all the time and expect to just be let on the next load. There needs to have a line drawn in the sand at some point between what people retain and what gets forgotten and needs refreshed again. At what point do you feel that the line should be drawn? 6 months? A year? 2 years? 10 years?

Somethinelse, if you don't get to a DZ in the next week or two in Michigan winter will be here and everyone is going to be mostly shut down. Call all the local DZ's and see who can work with your schedule to make it happen or else you are waiting on April and spring again.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Heya.
Went to the DZ and talked to just about everybody.
Does not look good to get up in the air at all for me this year.
So I will wait til next, retrain and start jumping my own rig with more frequency since then rental costs and availablitiy of rental gear won't be such a set back..and jump tickets are cheaper too wehn rental costs aren't tacked on to it too.
Its ok.
I'm not giving up, just got a late start at it, so I'll be safer than sorry and unsafe.
Thanx ya'all.

Blues- LuLu.

Well,
I put $$$$ into at least getting this far,
and it just keeps adding up. So get used to it;). HA!

How I got thru training eventually-
Was to find a friendly DZ that worked with me to do an integrated program& AFP- which uses ONE TRAINER during ground work as well as in freefall.

I had the utmost faith and confidence in my trainer,
and we worked the way thru the A-Licence check list.

Basically, most of my freetime on weekends,
as well as my alotted fun spending money after necessities went to skydiving...
And I got my A within a summer's time.

And hey, I had a low paying job at the time too.
I was just broker than usual that summer.
So if I could do it, so can you.
Ok?
:)

Blues!
LuLu.

Hehe, if my post came off as negative in anyway I apologize. I guess I was sympathizing with the frustrations. After 3 level 3 attempts and a on a day that 'somehow' I felt stress-free and in a indifferent mindset, I passed level 3 and moved onto lvl4...where the jumps are $40 cheaper. As luck would have it, I lost my job, found a new one, but by the time my next full paycheck came in...I was uncurrent thus...back to level 3 again. :$

Honestly I can't wait until the day I get my A license, and I'll do what I gotta do until that day comes, I just hope things get a littel less frustrating once I get to that point. I suppose I understand where your coming from on the issue of getting your own gear vs renting...when I get to that point I can tell its gonna be a hell of a time.

The day jumps become $20 each, I will be one happy person.