BillPaine

Free-fall communication systems ?

I'd like to find out if anyone is developing freefall communication systems mounted in full-face helmets. For example, in a perfect world a four-way team should be able to talk to each other in free-fall. Similarly, the ability for jump masters to be able to talk directly to their AFF students in free-fall for their first few stages would certainly be an improvement on the usual hand signals. As regards the obvious problem of wind noise, devices are already available in aviation that cancel out background noise. Can anyone bring me up to date on this. Thanks.
"We have met the enemy...and he is us." Pogo

www.mondo-fiasco.com

I'll put in a good word for this system. I had a chance to use it once, receiving only. Norman Kent was taking some photos of me and a few other people in wingsuits. Mike (Swanson, whose company this is) gave Norm the mic and the 3 of us receivers, so he could position us in the air for his photos. We could all hear him clear as day.

The only bad thing was as we flew through the designated breakoff altitude and heard "hold it steady guys, I need more shots" in the earpiece. :D
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

I'll second Matt's good word. I've coached with Mike at Perris and the system was unbelievably clear and made a huge difference to the coaching i recieved from him. Being able to hear someone giving instructions rather than hand signals was incredible. The strating the debrief under canopy was pretty cool too :D

Advertisio Rodriguez / Sky