cjsgrlsx3

Wow!

Looks like a great arch and alti check - good job!

Fun, isnt it?

Then you keep asking yourself, how can this possibly get better - and then it keeps getting better!

Enjoy!
Mykel AFF-I10
Skydiving Priorities: 1) Open Canopy. 2) Land Safely. 3) Don’t hurt anyone. 4) Repeat…

It does get better! I have tried to prepare myself for this since June. I did 6 tandems and then 30 minutes worth of tunnel time! Gosh it was all worth it just knowing that I felt prepared. Now is the first time I have really considered myself a skydiver! Hopefully I will have my A by the summer!

They said I did a great job! I do not have to repeat my jump. My next jump is a Cat B. I just need to flair a bit more for landing. My instructors told my husband that I did awesome. So I guess I just have to read the SIMS on Cat B and I am on my way. Hopefully I will feel as comfortable doing my Cat B as my Cat A. We will see!

Little bit off topic but i was stationed in norfolk for 4 1/2 years and never heard of a dz in the area. Where exactly is it located in suffolk?

Now on thread topic...congrats on passing level 1! It does get better as time goes on and you get to do maneuvers and what not. just dont make the same mistake i made. If for some reason you are alone in freefall..pull right away..even if you are falling stable. although it is fun..pull right away. I just did my level 2 aff and found myself alone and continued to freefall becasue to my suprise i was falling stable. I passed the jump but they very well could have failed me if they wanted to. Remember your training and do what the instructors tell you! Have fun and stay safe

Blue skies
"Age has absolutely nothing to do with knowledge, learning, respect, attitude, or personality." -yardhippie
"Fight the air, and the air will kick your ass!!! "-Specialkaye

Thanks! I did read your thread. I have followed your posts because I was in Florida just recently and knew you were starting out and was interested in how well you were doing........I will pull if left out there!
As far as a DZ in Suffolk...it is located at the Suffolk Executive Airport. Not the one you would see from the interstate. A little further down. It is a nice one. The people are great and all. There is also a DZ at West Point which I have made one trip to.I have never jumped there though. They are not too far past Busch Gardens. They are great people also. I choose Suffolk because it is closer to my dad. If you ever make it back up here maybe I'll see you around.

Little bit off topic but i was stationed in norfolk for 4 1/2 years and never heard of a dz in the area. Where exactly is it located in suffolk?

It's at the Suffolk Executive Airport...on the south side of town off of 13/32.
Miami

Haha, nice to know someone likes my work! I'll be out this weekend but probably off and on for the next few weeks...closing on a house at the end of the month so busy with packing and getting ready to move. Who knows though, maybe I'll end up as your instructor for a jump or two.;)
Miami

My birthday is Saturday so I am hoping to go out there but it all depends on the weather. I was thinking of taking a packing course if it is too cold. You know, I'd like to learn as much as possible! But I should be there this weekend. West Point sounded too good to you guys this past weekend, huh? The jump of mine you filmed I was with Mr. Hollywood! (Don)
Cassandra

Even if the weather is bad you can come out and bitch about it with the rest of us... :P

Didn't make up to West Point this past weekend, except to drop off a rig. Trying to get the house in order so that when we close on the new place the actual move will be smooth and painless.

You should bring you video out if you do come out...I'd like to see it again. It always interests me to see who comes back and keeps jumping, especially if I had a hand in their tandem! ;)
Miami