Psychoz

Did my first tandem jump

Well I got to do my first tandem jump today, wow, all I can say is that next Monday the 29th I am heading back for my training so I can jump on my own and eventually with new friends. Not once did I think to myself, "Why am I doing this?" when I got in the door all I could think was lets go. What was even cooler was I sat at the door and got to watch 2 guys go out at 6,000', shut the door and then continue on up to 13,000'. Watching them jump out was freaking awesome, I could not wait to join them. All I can say now is thanks for the new addiction, and this is one habit I do not plan on breaking.:)
So long and thanks for all the fish!!!

your spouse if you have one.

You don't have to, you just have to convert them.;)

I met my wife due to skydiving (she wasn't a skydiver but a roommate of one of my students) and she did her "one and only tandem" shortly there after. She now has over 500 jumps and I have over 2100. We're a happy jumping family and even took our honeymoon in Eloy for the Holiday Boogie last year.

The moral of the story is skydiving is a shit-ton of fun, welcome to our sport, live it, learn it and understand that even if you're done jumping for the day stay at the DZ and drink the beer you brought due to owing beer. Get to know everyone at your DZ and learn from the conversations you'll have. Its fun, like nothing else I've ever found in my adventures.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

ya, i'm pretty new to the sport. My room mates now never see me on any weekend where there is a blue sky. I skip meals cause i see them as jump ticket money being "wasted" on food. Any day the dropzone is open even if i cant jump i'm waiting around to learn more. And i'll reiterate, say goodbye to everything you did before. But trust me, it's worth it :ph34r:

welcome to the sport man. Im new myself being a level three aff student. if you are anything like me your friends will be telling you to shut up whenever you talk about jumping...at least mine do now cuze i never stop talking about it! B|
"Age has absolutely nothing to do with knowledge, learning, respect, attitude, or personality." -yardhippie
"Fight the air, and the air will kick your ass!!! "-Specialkaye

Thanks for all the welcomes, the people in this sport seem very cool. My wife also did the tandem with me and now she wants to learn to jump also, we usually do everything together, I am a very lucky man when it comes to wifes, she is the coolest., 12 years and we still like each other. And as for being gone all the time, I usually am with golf so she is use to me being away.
So long and thanks for all the fish!!!