xlh883

I understand why some of us quit the sport...

"a good hour?"

HAH!

I am lucky if I can get a reserve out in three hours!

Damn, I'm glad you said that. It takes me 3-4 hours to do an inspection/repack. Good to know I'm not too freakishly abnormal with that!

I remember the first time I ever watched a rigger pack a reserve. Compared to people packing mains, it was like watching meticulous surgery performed in slow motion. It was almost like a religious experience.

What other options are there for me to get a repack?

1. There are lots of people with rigging tickets. After talking to a handful of skydivers you should have a few names and phone numbers.

2. When my home DZ was without a rigger and having their work done elsewhere they were willing to deliver and pickup customer rigs with their work for no charge.

3. You can ship it to a rigger for a repack with the main removed to save on postage - I've had rigs meet me at Skydive Arizona when I wanted to be legal. Shipping via USPS isn't too bad (about $20 for second day delivery) but insurance is not cheap (~$50 for 5000 in coverage). You have to go to a USPS owned and operated post office to get more than $500 in insurance. When they loose your stuff they have 30 days to find it after you call them up. After that hasn't happened they send you a claims form which you take to the nearest major post office with proof of value (invoice, receipt, etc.). The guys there refund your postage and forward the forms elsewhere for processing. I'm not quite sure what happens next (it wasn't a rig they lost).

I haven't made a jump since December 16th due to weather and job switching/moving and I miss it very badly.

It stinks that moving even screws up skydiving.

Moving sucks!

Anyway, I jsut got off the phone with PEckerhead. He is goign to do my repack for me and is relatively close by. He even gave me some really good info on "local" DZ's to.

Thanks to Peckerhead!

I guess everyone thought I was giving up to easily on this. I had two backup plans, but they weren't going to happen real quickly. Don't need them now.

I guess I wasn't as calm as I thought I was when I wrote the original post. I feel better now and thanks to everyone for their help!

David