jcecil

Formation load

We managed to get 12 jumpers together this weekend for a 12 way formation load. The two aircraft were a DHC-2 Beaver and a Cessna 180. We only went to 9500' (normal altitude), but still managed to get the first point, and would've got the second point if it hadn't funneled at the last second. A neat picture, thought I'd share.

Nice pic, but your pilot in the C-180 could suck it in a little tighter. You'd have a better chance at a second point.

Right echelon works really well for those 2 planes.

I was on a jump in Snohomish, WA back when they had a fleet of Cessnas and flew formation loads all the time. I could read the chest mount altimeter on a jumper in the plane next to us. That was nice and tight.

I was on a jump in Snohomish, WA back when they had a fleet of Cessnas and flew formation loads all the time.

Were you on any of the 10 way comp dives out of 5 cessnas, or Ruckert's 55 ways?

I remember hearing ATC over the speaker advising a United about a "flight of 15 cessnas, 10 O'clock"
"Harry, why did you land all the way out there? Nobody else landed out there."

"Your statement answered your question."

I was on a jump in Snohomish, WA back when they had a fleet of Cessnas and flew formation loads all the time.

Were you on any of the 10 way comp dives out of 5 cessnas, or Ruckert's 55 ways?

I remember hearing ATC over the speaker advising a United about a "flight of 15 cessnas, 10 O'clock"

Hi Harry

I remember being on the ground at snohomish with the boss:), seeing and hearing the 15 cesnna formation flying overhead.B|

Well worth the price of admission and a cheap date:ph34r:

Can't imagine what a Formation of Bombers over europe would have sounded like "back in the day":S

Yeah, I did the Dav3e Ruckert thing 2 years in a row. It was on one of the 5-plane, 10 way comp dives that I'm reading a team mates alti in the other plane. That was nice and tight.B|

How ya doin', Harry? Long time no see.:)

The FAA's statements about air traffic controller staffing levels being fine are stretching the truth a bit

I know what you mean. I'm a full-time CFI working mainly out of LGB and know many of the controllers there. We've had periods of "reduced" service due to staffing levels.
"Harry, why did you land all the way out there? Nobody else landed out there."

"Your statement answered your question."

Hello Harry, I don't know if you'll remember me, but do you remember the attached jump/pic from Kapowsin? I'm at the four o'clock position, with Jesse Farrington trying to take off my shoe. :D It was great how we got everyone to look at the same time, makes for a great pic.

People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am