reinhart36

Moving from Ohio to Michigan..

Any DZ recommendations local to the Detroit area?

I'll be living somewhere near Walled Lake.

Any feedback from a Michiganer is much appreciated!

Skydive Tecumseh is an awesome DZ and is where I jumped at when I was back at school in Michigan. Great atmosphere with great people to jump and party with, definitely go there!
Puttin' some stank on it.

----Hellfish #707----

I live in Lake Orion, Mi. and work in Auburn Hills.
My home dz is Midwest Freefall. We have one of the fastest 182's you will ever jump and for the rest of the year we have a Caravan which usually flies with about 12 souls due to length of runway, but we have a ball with it.
We are about 43 miles from Walled Lake according to Google maps. Tecumseh is about 56 miles. Their web site says they have a Caravan but in the past they had a twin Otter. I've never jumped there but have never heard any bad about them. We have carpeted packing at Midwest. The people are great and we have a lot of fun. Let me know if you have any other questions be it skydiving or about the area in general.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Lord, let me be the person my dog thinks I am.

Come check out Skydive Tecumseh! We have a full time Caravan, Wednesday and weekend jump specials. We have a few events left for the year including organizing by Matty Wright this coming weekend, some 4 way scrambes coming up in October, and some night jumps coming up. A lot of great people to jump and party with. Two of our guys were just on the 69 way Freefly World Record.
We have camping onsite, shower house, indoor packing and gear store. There are a lot of great dz's in Michigan, so finding a new home will not be easy! B|

I live in Lake Orion, Mi. and work in Auburn Hills.
My home dz is Midwest Freefall. We have one of the fastest 182's you will ever jump and for the rest of the year we have a Caravan which usually flies with about 12 souls due to length of runway, but we have a ball with it.
We are about 43 miles from Walled Lake according to Google maps. Tecumseh is about 56 miles. Their web site says they have a Caravan but in the past they had a twin Otter. I've never jumped there but have never heard any bad about them. We have carpeted packing at Midwest. The people are great and we have a lot of fun. Let me know if you have any other questions be it skydiving or about the area in general.

Thanks a lot for the feedback! I guess I'll have to check out both DZ's.

I'll be up there this weekend looking at neighborhoods for a house. After that, I might have some questions for you about the area.

thanks!

Come check out Skydive Tecumseh! We have a full time Caravan, Wednesday and weekend jump specials. We have a few events left for the year including organizing by Matty Wright this coming weekend, some 4 way scrambes coming up in October, and some night jumps coming up. A lot of great people to jump and party with. Two of our guys were just on the 69 way Freefly World Record.
We have camping onsite, shower house, indoor packing and gear store. There are a lot of great dz's in Michigan, so finding a new home will not be easy! B|

Sounds great! I'll be stopping in to check it out sometime in the next few weeks.

thanks for the feedback!

Hey welcome to Michigan!
I live in more towards the center of Mich, so call CENTRAL MICHIGAN SKYDIVERS in Mt. Pleasant my home DZ. It a friendly cessna DZ & everybody's upbeat and helpful.
SKYDIVE TECUMSEH rocks as a DZ! Got a good vibe there and good staff and a great bunch that jump there. They got a caravan & cessnas.
...If Tecumseh wasn't so far away for me (250 miles) I'd make it my home DZ.
CYa- LuLu:)