loli-75

Please push tandem student, literally?

Have you done it yet???

Unfortunately, I haven't got to do it yet.
Grandma & Mom each had a trip to the emergency room within a week of each other.
That + various other assorted family drama = no fun/terror for me.:(

But I do have to say that sometimes being around my family makes me want to jump out of a plane soooooo much worse than I already do!!! Too bad we couldn't have 'em all go up in the plane with me -I wouldn't have to worry about the tandem instructor pushing me or not cause I'd be pulling his ass out of that plane as fast as I could!!!!;)

Seriously though, I have decided 100% that I AM going to go no matter what! And I'm actually really getting almost as excited about it as I am scared - and I am REEEAAALLLLLYYYY scared!!!!!

Heres a pic of my deer in headlights face right before my tandem. Fear happens even to the best of people. :P

You actually look pretty calm! Granted - not anywhere near as calm as the guy behind you looks (is he awake? or maybe the pic just got him mid-blink?) - but you don't look too scared.

Were you freaking out on the inside though? And was it pure terror when you were in the door?

Well good, I'm glad you made the decision. It will be the best thing you have ever done. Sorry to hear about your family.

Oh my Lord! I haven't slept for the past 2 days and when I read that - for some reason I read "It will be the LAST thing you have ever done"!!!

I was :o!!! Okay, yeah, nevermind.

Anyway, thanks for the encouragement!!:)

Heres a pic of my deer in headlights face right before my tandem. Fear happens even to the best of people. :P

You actually look pretty calm! Granted - not anywhere near as calm as the guy behind you looks (is he awake? or maybe the pic just got him mid-blink?) - but you don't look too scared.

Were you freaking out on the inside though? And was it pure terror when you were in the door?

Oh trust me my heart was doing somersalts. Sheer terror while taking those steps to the door but I just reminded myself that everything is fine because the instructor knows what he's doing and Im just here along for the ride. 2 seconds later...in freefall...I told myself "hey this isnt THAT scary!"

What I recommend to you is to try not to think too much. The more you think, the more you scare yourself. Just relax and enjoy the plane ride and before you know it, youre done with AFF and doing jumps on your own :D
Poetry don't work on whores.

What I recommend to you is to try not to think too much. The more you think, the more you scare yourself. Just relax and enjoy the plane ride and before you know it, youre done with AFF and doing jumps on your own Laugh

I've found that visualization helps a lot (thanks Instructors!). On your ride up, when the videographer isn't filming you to get all the pre-jump footage to put into your movie, just close your eyes, breathe nice and calm, and walk yourself through all the stuff your instructor told you to do on the skydive, from getting set up in the door to what crazy faces you want to make in freefall all the way down to what you're supposed to do when you land. Do that over and over again until it's time to get in the door. It gives your brain something to think about other than "I'm about to jump out of an airplane that's over 2 miles up" (not to mention it will help you do better on your jump, especially if you choose to work on getting your license later on, when you have a lot of tasks to remember to do).

Seriously though, I have decided 100% that I AM going to go no matter what! And I'm actually really getting almost as excited about it as I am scared - and I am REEEAAALLLLLYYYY scared!!!!!

Have you made a date, yet? when are you jumping? I would love to hear about your POST jump experience.

Where you say, things like "HOLY Cow that was the most fun ive had in a long time."

And

"I was scared for a little bit but when I realized I was floating in mid air I totally love it."

and

"and I didn't even puke":D:D
My photos

My Videos

Have you made a date, yet? when are you jumping? I would love to hear about your POST jump experience.

Where you say, things like "HOLY Cow that was the most fun ive had in a long time."

And

"I was scared for a little bit but when I realized I was floating in mid air I totally love it."

and

"and I didn't even puke":D:D

I reallllly hope you're right!!! Especially about the puking part!;) I've read on here that some TI's carry a plastic bag with them in case a student gets sick? Does it happen that often?

And I've read that you definitely should eat something that day before going - which I had NOT planned on doing at all. I was thinking: nothing in my stomach = nothing to projectile vomit onto anyone else!:$ Guess I was wrong. I'm trying to think of something really bland and inoffensive to eat that day. Any suggestions? Maybe grits?

Over the last week, I've even started having dreams about jumping! I can't even get it out of my head when I'm sleeping!

There are a million reasons not to eat grits, all of which include the word "taste" or "flavor" or "texture." ;) But yes, yes, absolutely yes--keep your blood sugar up by eating something and your stomach will thank you for it as well. It doesn't have to be a heavy meal, but you'll do better if you're not jumping on an empty stomach. (At least, that was true for me!)

TPM Sister #102

Does it happen that often?

No the ratio of pukers to non pukers is phenominally small. As said already, DO NOT adjust your eating schedule. that is the biggest culprit of a sick stomach. The second, at least in LAs vegas, is when you get a group that went gambling and DRINKING the night before. That'll make you sick....

Now In my PERSONAL experience the only people to puke were one who didnt eat, one who went partying, and one who partied and didnt eat because he was afraid the liquor would get him sick.

Out of about 400 tandems that I have personally film there are only 3 that I have seen puke.

And I've read that you definitely should eat something that day before going - which I had NOT planned on doing at all. I was thinking: nothing in my stomach = nothing to projectile vomit onto anyone else!:$ Guess I was wrong. I'm trying to think of something really bland and inoffensive to eat that day. Any suggestions? Maybe grits?

Grits? I thought you were trying NOT to puke?:ph34r:

Over the last week, I've even started having dreams about jumping! I can't even get it out of my head when I'm sleeping!

well, the best way to get it out of your head it to put it into reality. (you'll still have dreams but they'll be more fun than scary.
My photos

My Videos

Hey Loli-75 I know exactly what you mean. When I went to do my tandem last year I had gone for the sole purpose of it being something to take off of my to do list. Well, after I was on the ground and out of the harness I realized at that moment that all I wanted to do was learn how to do it on my own. But, of course ME being the rational thinking person that I am I figured that after the adrenaline was finished pumping and my mind was normal again that the thoughts of learning to jump solo would disappear. Well I was wrong.

But back to the video, that was the greatest video I have ever seen. All the months I had spent at the dropzone that was how they always were. They go up scared and come down happy as hell. Well I have taken enough of your time so have a nice day and I will get ready for funtime in Afghanistan.

YAY ME
EXPECT THE WORST, HOPE FOR THE BEST!!!

Hey Loli, come up to Seattle and jump with me. I'm really good with nervous students, and I make sure they don't puke. I haven't had one person get sick in the last 800 tandems I've done.B|

Most people get sick because the TM just keeps spiraling down under canopy and never asks them how their stomach is doing. I had one passenger get a little sick years ago. Now I ask.:D

Seriously, if you're going to jump from a plane, tandem is about the safest way to go. But jumping out of planes isn't for everyone. To coin a phrase, Just Do It. :)