crashtested

Do you notice change when downsizing rigs?

[Reply]do you honestly think that a 1.7 WL, at 100 jumps, is safe? what do the people at your DZ think about that?

They think that i need to lose some weight :P

They probally have a point...

They also have seen me jump and know which courses i have attended, i don't think they would let me jump otherwise at that WL otherwise.....

TBH i think from what people are saying i'm going to take there advice and go back up to the 190 again.. No harm in that!! Possibly less harm in fact!

Thanks for the PM's some really cool offers from a few people..

Obviously Sam has been the recipient of some poor teaching and a little misinformation, or possibly he is just retarded, so leave him alone.

All kidding aside, I went

288-244 nothing
244-220 the Fury rocked
220-200=0
200-120 holy shit at 160 jumps
120-105 big dif at 700 jumps
105-120 after liquified left femur, broken hip(6), ruptured spleen, shattered skull (6) (through a Factory Diver). loss of short term memory, brain surgery to repair the torn dura layer, I could go on and on.
120-89 3000+on my 89s going to a 90 in the spring.

So, if you want to continue down this path go ahead. I was not a runner but a long distance cyclist and in top condition. I was a hot pilot and making 500 jumps a year. My "I can do it, it's easy for me" attitude got me big time. You may be lucky enough to get away with it, but don't expect these people to let you get out of here without a firm shake.

I have done the stupid stuff and will never recover fully from it. This is serious stuff, be careful. Stop where you are, learn the canopy. I can do more with a 150 then 95% of the people jumping cross-braced. I would say That the way to go is to embarrass the people jumping X-braced, with your Safire 190. Then when you can do that, downsize and show'm how it's done.

Good luck.

that was great!!!! I noticed a big change from the 210-190....not so much from the 230 - 210. I will let you know how the difference is between the 188 to the 168 when I get back.;)
DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

first i've had a 230 balance, then went down to a 210. after that a 190. from that i went back to the 210, as i liked that one more and my accuracy was good with it. with 61 jumps i've had my license, after that, i bought a sabre1 150. now, for me, thats a friggin' pocket-rocket!! the other sizes, not so much difference..
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda