Mikhail

Reversal Theory & Skydiving

Personally I see it less as negativism and more as para-logical titivationism with some atavistic neo-colonialism thrown in. But I have always been something of a radical thinker...

:D Props to you for that, I was thinking something similar except all the gigantic, meaningless words that I can string together are engineering words, not psychology words (or made-up words).

Anyway, while I'm sure the paper made a great grad-school psych essay, and I think the author made some correct observations, I really just found it a case of using big, confusing words to hide the fact that he was describing the intuitively obvious.

Can you give an example of a meaningless gigantic engineering word?

Turboencabulator? ;)

Right! Like widget, humgrummet, framistan.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Massage therapy is NOT engineering.

There you go clouding the issue with facts again. How about this?

"Three dimentional finite element modeling of low-cycle fatigue mode crack propogation through shot-peen induced residual stress fields in nickel-based superalloy materials."

No, I didn't make that up. I had THAT JOB for 2 1/2 years.
"Some people follow their dreams, others hunt them down and beat them mercilessly into submission."

Massage therapy is NOT engineering.

There you go clouding the issue with facts again. How about this?

"Three dimentional finite element modeling of low-cycle fatigue mode crack propogation through shot-peen induced residual stress fields in nickel-based superalloy materials."

No, I didn't make that up. I had THAT JOB for 2 1/2 years.

What's hard to understand about that?:PVery important if you make jet engines OR FLY IN PLANES WITH THEM. The longest word is "propagation", and that isn't gigantic or meaningless.:)

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.