Baz

accident stats by experience level

Hi folks
I'm preparing a lecture on adventure sports psychology in London and I'm looking for a general summary of accidents/deaths stats that are organised by level of experience of the victim. As a skydiver, I've heard that most accidents happen to the novice and expert jumper and I want to explore if this is valid.
Many thanks.
Baz Roberts
[email protected]

completed profile or not, these "top secret" statistics are published in Parachutist magazine by the USPA every year.

They split annual fatalities by experience level.

You should give them a call and purchase the back issue with the last annual summary.
Jay

Before you start a thread in the Incidents Forum or reply to post please consider the guidelines below:

The purpose of this forum is to report, discuss and learn from fatal and serious non-fatal incidents.
Most, if not all, new threads here should start with the report of an actual incident.

General safety issues or small and potential incidents should be posted to the Safety and Training forum.

Incidents include: malfunctions, cutaways, wraps, collisions, crash landings etc. I trust everyone will use their good judgment before starting a thread or disposing of advice.

In case of a fatality please post your condolences to the Talkback forum and keep this forum for discussion.

It's the year of the Pig.