RJ.

Need some honest opinions

my drive takes me along some lakes, up hills on curvy roads, through forests and everything. there are always a lot of bikers.

Yip, I know what you mean about bikers. Over here we have culture of breakfast runs on Sunday mornings. Hundreds of bikers on single lane roads through the mountains. Scary stuff.

It does sound like you have a very scenic drive to the DZ though.

If you have read this far, and you seriously have an injury concern, then my recommendation is to not make the jump. The wait is not a big deal.. You can do it when you come back.

People will make lots of emotional reasons, and then try to justify it with their logic. Just wait. It ain't a big deal. Make your mother happy!
Dano

1. No instructor can guarantee that you won't be a bone-head, plant your feet on landing, and break your ankles.

2. Not all instructors are the same. I'd definitely point friends and family at specific instructors to jump with and completely forget about some others.

About 17/10,000 skydives result in injury requiring treatment, 6/10,000 trips to the emergency room, and 1.8/10,000 hospitalization.

Tandem fatality rates are very low - less than 1 in 400,000.

Thats just whats reported (injuries) Theres more that arent reported. Like mine.

lol wow didnt think id get so many responses... to the people that gave real answers, thanks - to the rest of you, your cool!

saw some people ask so heres some basic info:

24 y/o male
5'10" 150lbs
very athletic
jumpin in chicago, not sure which place off hand
oh ya, and im makin the jump :ph34r:

"I have over 16,000 jumps and you need to be able to trust my ability to get you down safely."

I don't really like that, it's a bit of a false sense of security.

One of my AFFI's said to me "you're responsible for yourself up there... we try to help all we can, but in end it's your decision to jump from the aeroplane and you're responsibility to make sure you come down safely".

Chubba,

If you read my post again, that was in response to a tadem. Let's see. If I'm jumping with Simon Wade, who has over 16,000 jumps, who do I trust more? Him, or me with 2 tandem progression jumps?

On an AFF, I totally agree with you. On a tandem, I'm putting my money on the guy with 15,998 more jumps than I have to get me down safely.

it is! :)
not only the drive there, but whenever we climb to attitude, i can only watch outside down to the lakes and over to the alps surrounding us and think, man, i'm so gifted of being able to jump here.. :)

“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda