millertime24

My new canopy!!!

My point is cash exchanging hands "under the table" as it were is not easily tracable by the irs on small exchanges 100-200 bucks and happens all the time. So I retract my last statement and say while it is "taxable" it is not neccesarily taxed.

Yup...

And as long as it's 'only' a C-note here & there chances are no one is the wiser.

BUT~ say for example a decent part of your yearly comes from 'under-the-table', and that goes on for a while...something may come up in the future that red-flags you to the IRS and you then have to show & explain several of your past returns.

Matching bank statements with paystubs can get sticky, trust me on this one! :);):$

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

I'm a packer but I don't have a clue how I could make money on reserve pack jobs. How do you do that? I need more jumping money;)

Arrange for a commission from your local rigger who raised his rates to accommodate the 180 day cycle. Then use your position as a packer to ensure he gets to see every rig at least every 120 days. :ph34r:

Blues,
Dave

Had to read that one twice to be sure....:S

What a despicable thing to say! :o

Can't believe......

...I didn't think of it 1st, I like the way you think, if ya ever wanna go into business together let me know...we'd be RICH! :ph34r:

Which is why if youll reffer back to one of my earlier post then you would see where I talked about already having a steady job with a standard w-2 and the whole 9. If cash is given to me under the table for something it never see's my bank account. It is what I call my rainy day fund. Completely untracable irs has no idea you ever had it or even has any proof for that matter that services were rendered to begin with.
Muff #5048

Which is why if youll reffer back to one of my earlier post then you would see where I talked about already having a steady job with a standard w-2 and the whole 9. If cash is given to me under the table for something it never see's my bank account. It is what I call my rainy day fund. Completely untracable irs has no idea you ever had it or even has any proof for that matter that services were rendered to begin with.

I saw that, and you & I are on the same page... I was just commenting to some of the new-crew that may not fully understand the game. ;)

Good rule of thumb is if ya get paid in cash, spend the cash and bank the real job check.

An example of a, ahhh..situation I 'heard' about years back (cough cough)~:$

Was when someone ELSE, that was paying out the 'under the table funds' -got tagged by uncle sugar and had to show where the income HE had hidden was GOING...

It was a chain reaction kinda thing that really opened up an unimaginable and unforeseeable can o worms for quite a few people. :S

I was jumping a 190 until recently at 4000ft ASL.
Downsized to a ZP170 now, and I havent had sweeter landings B|.
CI was nice and let me jump it at 1:1 WL (at 4000ft ASL) with only 40 jumps :)I must have done something right :).

Or they really hate your guts;)