c10edges

how long does it take until...

I love it, I live right next to a little airport so I hear planes taking of and landing regularly, sure helps create some pretty realistic dreams!! (Sure none of my non-skydiving friends will talk to me anymore, but whatever!)
"Well behaved women rarely make history" - Marilyn Monroe

you stop thinking about jumping 24/7??

Yeah - sometimes it gets worse too. I think about jumping and/or skydiving in general every day. I skim dz.com daily at work and I am on our DZ board. (1/5th DZO) If it's not the cost of jet fuel or how many tandems we are doing, its thinking about head down or that next badass freefly jump I want to do. Or swooping,... or.. or...

It goes on and on, gets even worse when you get hurt (just had a vertebrae in my neck broken on a FF jump a couple weekends ago B|) and can't jump when you really want to. Now I have 6 months sitting down, least I still managed to do almost 300 jumps this year.
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

I'm 35 years into it, and it hasn't stopped yet. Even in multi-year layoffs.

What he said. Even during a layoff of quite a number of years, hardly a week went by when I didn't think about it at least a bit. It's why I eventually came back - because in my head, and my heart, I never fully left.

When I first started jumping I told my instructor that it was better than sex. He told me that I'd like sex again someday. He was right. But still not an hour goes by in my life that I don't think of being in the air. I hope that feeling never goes away.

I may be getting old but I got to see all the cool bands.

What????... so says the guy who has been in the sport for 12 years and has only done 240 jumps.... Hmmmm. that makes since. Sounds like your more interested in starting shit online than jumping. Do me a favor and just dont even respond, i dont feel like wasting my time with you man.