jvcvudu

Drugs and DZs

"Hey you don't mind if I fire up do ya, you know you might wantnna take uh couple of hit of this before you go out the door. It makes the trip down real interesting!" -Truman Sparks

The tragedy of it all is that some of the peeps have no clue what your talking about and havent seen it yet :)

Roy

So I guess if I mention "Proof", they'd really be lost.;)
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX

Agreed!
I have wasted hundreds of jump tickets, while jumping hung-over, from drinking waAAAAy too much the night before.
But I have only suffered one hang-over from THC. That was after eating waaaay too many hash brownies.
Modern BC Bud might be more potent ... but I still believe that marijuana is the lesser of the two drugs.

If I had to sober up - to pursue a career in skydiving - the least my colleagues can do is stay sober until sunset.
Sober for 11.5 years and clean for at least three years.

I am not a DZO, but I can tell you that if I knew instructional staff was having issues with abusing illegal substances, I would bring it to the attention of the S&TA posthaste. [:/]

The only thing an S&TA could do is apply gentle political pressure to offending staff members.

DZOs can exert far more economic pressure by putting offending staff members priority LAST on rotation.

No, can't agree. Alcohol is alcohol and drugs are drugs. No excuses for smoking marijuana and etc should be made.

To my mind alcohol must be prohibited during jumping day and before jumps. Drugs (all types) must not be allowed at all! >:( Being illegal by the way.

drug noun, verb, drugged, drug·ging.
–noun 1. Pharmacology. a chemical substance used in the treatment, cure, prevention, or diagnosis of disease or used to otherwise enhance physical or mental well-being.

If you have ever been to an alcohol/substance abuse rehab program, you will learn that alcohol is classified as a drug.

You may disagree with the medical profession all you want.
How high are we going? Oh about 9000. Oh Mr. Pilot! How high are we going? Oh about 12000! That's the ticket!

Both are idiots who should not be jumping out of planes....

Have you ever been to a boogie?

Boogie?? Hell, I remember the days that after it got dark at the end of the jump day, all of us "Skygods" would climb into a van and park at the end of the runway for a "safety meeting!"
How high are we going? Oh about 9000. Oh Mr. Pilot! How high are we going? Oh about 12000! That's the ticket!

There was an incident about 10 years ago now when a TM had smoked some pot then went up on a jump and ended up killing both of them.

I don't think that is entirely acurate.

And it's very deceptive. He doesn't explain why the death occured and whether the pot was a contributing factor.

TM's holding a class 2 medical should be under the same rules as any commercial pilot.

8 hours between bottle and throttle

blood alcohol level approaching zero

Actually I believe .02 is legally intoxicated for a pilot so it has to be under that.

That's one freaking beer by the way.

TM's holding a class 2 medical should be under the same rules as any commercial pilot.

8 hours between bottle and throttle

blood alcohol level approaching zero

Not a TI, but my personal rule is 12 hours. I got a "quit yer sandbagging" from a high jump-number jumper over the 4th of July weekend when I wouldn't jump until after 3:30 PM. (I still blame it on the deceptive tactics of MicDuran's PineappleAssKickers).

:P
SCR #14809

"our attitude is the thing most capable of keeping us safe"
(look, grab, look, grab, peel, punch, punch, arch)