CMiller

Jump Tickets, how high before you quit?

I wouldn't quit.

But I would cut back on the jump numbers to where I spend the same amount I do now.

For example, the $200 price tag in your poll will get me 9 jumps now, or about two Saturday's of jumping.

If the price of a single jump went to $200, I would just make one jump every other weekend, instead of 5 every weekend.

Great question brother. I used to tell myself that when lift tickets rose to $20.00, that I would quit jumping. However, I landed a better paying job and now I don't know what my ceiling would be. But please be positive. If we can find an alternate fuel source for cars, why not aircraft?

(LS9 in the Silicon Valley is making bacteria or yeasts which eat carbs and poop oil).

Sounds like a couple people I know.
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

You must have seen the Star Trek Zingers list.

For example: Where to Trekkies go to work out?

At the He's Dead Gym.
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

Skydiving is just to perfect to ever quit. I might have to cut back to 2 - 3 jumps a day, or even just once a month. But quit ? Not gonna happen.

I'm with you there. My budget and time dictate about 25 to 30 jumps per month. So if push came to shove and prices went to $100 a pop (which after adjustments for inflation I doubt would happen), I guess I'd be down to 5 jumps per month.

Not sure what I'd do with the extra time.

I voted $100.
At $100, I would jump far less frequently (and use tunnel flying to partially compensate) and also give up a dream to be on a World Record as that requires a huge number of jumps. I would then focus on things like a Beach Boogie event, and make every jump count, maybe just one or two per day. Some high altitudes, some formations.

I'd think oil prices would go back up at least a bit when the economy picks up, but not quickly to the previous nosebleed $150/barrel levels (at least for a decade or more). This cycle has shocked us into slowly moving towards alternative technologies, which reduces pricing pressure.

I'M am getting very tired of the DZO's being made out as the bad guys. Most DZO's are doing everything possible to make skydiving as cheap as possible for everyone. DZO's are not the bad guys they are only trying to survive and maybe make a few dollars. Personally I will always skydive regardless of the cost as I personally love skydiving and I know the DZO is trying as much as possible to make it affordable to me:P

has your local DZO lowerer the price of tickets to where they were when gas was $2 a gallon before? It has not happened around here. Back then I was paying $1,500 for a block of 100 jumps. Anyone getting $15 block tickets?

Mark Klingelhoefer