npgraphicdesign

Difference between AFF programs?

I started out doing the 1-7 AFF program at San Diego and then after my 3rd jump went to another DZ (Raeford) that used the standard A,B,C, etc. program. They are both the same just different ways of measuring progress I guess. I was cleared for level 4 at San Diego and then when I went to Raeford they had me do the D1 jump. From what I could tell between the two they accomplish the same things set out by the USPA but just have a different way of naming them.

You don't have a SIM, do you.
Buy one...and read it...please.

You are comparing AFF with the ISP.

In the big scheme of things, AFF is an abbreviated version of the ISP. Another way of looking at it is that ISP is a more thorough version of AFF. The ISP also includes some of other training method information.

Oh wait...You don't now what ISP is, do you?

Best bet? RTM.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Just for the record, I KNOW he has a SIM and I KNOW he knows what the ISP is, and I KNOW he's asked his instructors. :)
He has most of the 4-page yellow card (ISP version) filled out. He's going to be finishing his training at a DZ that uses the old AFF program. He's just trying to figure out what that's going to mean for him when he gets there and when he comes back home.

But he's gonna come back with a shiny new A-license, so none of it will matter.

Dave

Just for the record, I KNOW he has a SIM and I KNOW he knows what the ISP is, and I KNOW he's asked his instructors. :)
He has most of the 4-page yellow card (ISP version) filled out. He's going to be finishing his training at a DZ that uses the old AFF program. He's just trying to figure out what that's going to mean for him when he gets there and when he comes back home.

But he's gonna come back with a shiny new A-license, so none of it will matter.

Dave

Thanks Dave! B|

Mostly the name of the jumps. Some DZ's have retained the older method of labeling the jumps as Level 1, Level2, etc, while others have aligned themselves more closely with ISP labels like Category A, Category B, etc. The Categories may include more than one jump just like the Levels.

From personal experience, being trained as an instructor at a DZ that used levels, the jump in thinking to categories takes a bit of effort at first, but it's not too hard.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.