mjosparky

400 foot "dummies"

But we will have to agree to disagree on the not too dangerous thing...

That's fair enough, hell, I might feel differently if I had a dog in this fight.

I just think that some of the attitudes on the thread, that it's death on a stick if you even attempt it, are a bit reactionary.

I wouldn't say death on a stick. Heck, I might be able to pull it off. The problem is there is no margin for error, and the requestee's want the USPA to hang it out there for them.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

>The world's greatest aerobatic pilot with an FAA waiver to perform
>maneuvers down to 0 altitude isn't going to get out if he clips an obstacle
>or simply breaks the plane (Sean Tucker had to bail out after breaking a
>linkage in his Pitts) when exercising those privledges.

Absolutely. And the world's greatest stuntpeople should get the same FAA waiver to be able to pull at whatever altitude they choose. Hollywood gets such waivers all the time to be able to do demos without PRO ratings and to be able to jump un-TSOed gear. Heck, get a waiver and leave the useless belly mount round on the ground. There's no need for it.

But USPA has no role in sanctioning such stunts. They are stunts, not sport skydiving. USPA's best response to such a request would be to give the requester the address of the FAA, and tell him how to apply for a waiver.

You people need to stop with your name calling. "Dummies"? Grow up. The people performing these stunts are professionals. The issue at hand is whether or not the USPA should participate in such demos, not the skill or IQ of the people performing the stunts.

You people need to stop with your name calling. "Dummies"? Grow up. The people performing these stunts are professionals. The issue at hand is whether or not the USPA should participate in such demos, not the skill or IQ of the people performing the stunts.

Ok, there ya go, I deleted it.... I just don't see the need to do 400ft openings, anywhere. Is it worth the risk?
Refuse to Lose!!!
Failure is NOT an option!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

I had an elaborate response all typed up and went to check spelling. CRASH! Anyways. Risk is a funny thing. We are the only animals that put themselves at risk for fun. Why does Jef Corliss want to land a wingsuit? Why did Luigi Cani land a 37 ft canopy? They are risking thier lives to complete these stunts. To them I guess it is worth it. You only live once you might as well do what you like and want to do. If it means the ultimate price then you better be ready to pay up! Does USPA need to condone these activities? Why? When people want to do their OWN thing why get others involved? Just do it if you want to, I am sure you have the resources. There must be some goal by trying to get the USPA involved. I have little knowledge as to why or how come so I can not comment. I just don't like others nay saying individuals. Compared to a 3,000 ft BASE jump in Kjerag it doesn't seem as dangerous. Why does USPA need to be involved?

Yup.

People aint made of nothin' but water and shit.

Until morale improves, the beatings will continue.

Yup.

In the OP it says~

It does not take any “special” skills, talent or equipment to exit a low altitudes. I spent over 20 years throwing test dummies out at 500 feet...

...i'm just sayin' :)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~