surfbum5412

To sell or not to sell?

Just ordered all new gear w/ canopies and now I'm stuck with that question...should I get rid of my old rig or just keep it? If I kept it, I'd have to buy another cypres for the new rig..arghh $$$

What's the market like for used gear right now?

If you want to jump both wingsuits and elliptical parachutes, you want to have two rigs.

If you're jumping smaller canopies and there aren't a lot of CRW people at your DZ you might want a second rig with that which holds a lightning loaded around 1.3 pounds/square foot.

If the people you jump with use packers and the lift capacity is high enough, you want to have a second rig.

You don't need to have a Cypres in both of them, especially if you're jumping wingsuits (won't fire if you forget about altitude) or CRW (opening right out the door makes it harder to forget to pull).

why dont you keep it as a backup, switch the cypress, and if someone goes down b/c of a reserve ride or something and needs it you can loan it to them until you can find someone who wants to buy it, i is smart =D.
JewBag.
www.jewbag.wordpress.com

I don't think the market is good for gear right now anyways.

Actually, its pretty good. The cost of new gear has gone way up, so the value of used gear has also increased. I had two friends who recently quit the sport sell their used rigs for more than they paid for them (although they also were used, so the gear is now on its 3rd owner).

Yes people, sell us newbies your old rigs, I personally am too broke to buy something new only to outgrow it in a year or two. I'm specifically looking for a large container and a main somewhere around 210. If any of you all could hook a brother up send me a PM. Thanks