samlukeanthony

Do you know any skydiving geologists or geographers?

Hi there

You will have probably seen me post already about a TV series I am putting together for Discovery Channel. And many of you have kindly come up with great suggestions for locations. Now I have a different request. Do any of you know of any geologists or geographers in the sport. I am looking for characters who could tell us what we are seeing from the air- and why- before jumping into the view!

any ideas gratefully received- and you can email me if you like on [email protected].

Many thanks from London, England.

Sam

Might be easier to find a geologist with a good on-camera personality then spend the money and send him/her to get their A license.
In the Navy, you can't put your hands in your pockets but I was always told not to put my hands in my pockets by people with their hands in their pockets. Kinda funny huh?

I know a hydrogeologist, Ph.D., former USAF officer, current community college professor, very experienced skydiver. As close as I can get.

But all you really need is someone to write the script. And a skydiver that can read.;)

I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE

I know a hydrogeologist, Ph.D., former USAF officer, current community college professor, very experienced skydiver. As close as I can get.

damn, sounds like a perfect fit ;-)
In the Navy, you can't put your hands in your pockets but I was always told not to put my hands in my pockets by people with their hands in their pockets. Kinda funny huh?

Hi there

You will have probably seen me post already about a TV series I am putting together for Discovery Channel. And many of you have kindly come up with great suggestions for locations. Now I have a different request. Do any of you know of any geologists or geographers in the sport. I am looking for characters who could tell us what we are seeing from the air- and why- before jumping into the view!

any ideas gratefully received- and you can email me if you like on [email protected].

Sam

Hey Sam,

Call or contact me.

I can describe the terrain, no land zones, rising terrain etc. I can tell you anything about how such spectacular vistas came into being.

I already have done interviews in Britain. See my makeithappen.com web site for links to the interviews. Just about anyone will say that I am a 'character'. ;)

Make It Happen
Parachute History
DiveMaker

And I've forwarded your request to a skydiving geologist I know as well. But Jan is definitely very knowledgeable.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Hi there

Sam

I know a few. Depends on what exactly you are looking for.

Jump
Scars remind us that the past is real