regulator

What dropzones have the best fleet of aircraft?

Similar to Carolina Skysports - Long outside bar and a huge step. I hate who ever came up with pegs to hold onto for Otters from the camera flyers perspective if you are sharing the step with 1 or 2 others.

You forgot the two large handles over the camera step, and another handle for the front floater so he/she doesn't have to touch the flap hinge.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

It really comes down to what you mean as "nicest".

By far, CSC's aircraft are the cleanest, and and most well maintained aircraft in American Skydiving.

This is fairly easy for them as their aircraft are also the newest airplanes in skydiving. Their PAC is less than a week old, and even their Otter is basically two years old, after having a complete rebuild. Every inch of wire is brand new. Every instrument is brand new. Their engines are low time, and are regularly overhauled. The interior is immaculate. I've watched them do maintenance on the otter, and it's amazing to see what it looks like once they remove the access panels - everything is so very clean. Under the hood, it still looks like a new car. CSC gets a lot of props for their aircraft maintenance.

However, CSC's "fleet" is only two aircraft, I don't know if that makes it a fleet or not. Certainly not compared to Paul Fayards or Larry Hills. If you think a "nice" fleet is a large one with a variety of aircraft, then it's tough to beat Larry Hill.

I hope CSC eventually grows its fleet and keeps their standards high. They have the opportunity to set a new standard for the skydiving industry.

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.

By far, CSC's aircraft are the cleanest, and and most well maintained aircraft in American Skydiving.

What makes you say this. What other maintenance programs have you inspected to use as a basis for comparison?

I'm not questioning that CSC has an excellent maintenance program. But you make a bold statement..."by far". What qualifies you to make this statement?

I'm seriously inquiring.....not trying to be an ass.
Blues,
Nathan

If you wait 'til the last minute, it'll only take a minute.

Their PAC is less than a week old

Not counting the time it took to fly it from NZ to the US, of course. Nice paint job, btw.

By far? Dunno about that. I jumped CSC's Otter a few months ago. It's nice and does appear to be well maintained, but I'd put the cleanliness and level of maintenance of the aircraft at Eloy, Perris and Davis on the same level.

I would say that "nicest fleet" would not only include the level of maintenance and cleanliness, but also the mix of aircraft that allows operations for various load size demands in the best possible jump plane. I would think that the best fleet would include enough large capacity planes to handle continuous jumping when demand is high, then the ability to operate a big door/quick to altitude plane to meet lower demand levels. If you have to go to a 182 or 206 when you can't fill a load on an otter, that wouldn't make the "nicest fleet". So having a beech, king air, PAC, or some other plane that is good for jumping 1 to 10 jumpers would be a requirement, as well as huge bonus points for a balloon, helicopter, tailgate, or other specialty air craft. Who has a blimp?

Best fleet? How about the US Army?
...FUN FOR ALL!