sergeantpowers

Is this common practice?

It was ASC in Cedartown. IIRC our price wasn't too bad, it was something like $180 before the extra fee.

Extra fees are consistent with the 1 800 Skyride pricing system. Did they charge you extra for the "Big Airplane" and/or the "Bad Weather Insurance" or other fees? Those fees are total BS! The only "Extra fee" that I know of would be the video package, and those are completely optional and no one should ever make you feel obligated to that. But, you do only get one first jump, so I do recommend that first timers get the video.

And as proven in the 1 800 Skyride II thread, ASC and 1 800 Skyride are the same and the money goes in to the same pocket.

**Footnote** This is not the Skyride thread, and Anything past my statement in this post concerning the Skyride/ASC issue needs to be discussed in the appropriate thread so this one doesn't get locked like the others.
There will be no addressing the customers as "Bitches", "Morons" or "Retards"!

Whats funny about that is those tickets are actually good for AGL. You end up getting an extra 1000 feet past what the web page says for free if you use AGL (typically its 13500 MSL or higher). :)

I know.... not sure why he does it in MSL???
Life is all about ass....either you're kicking it, kissing it, working it off, or trying to get a piece of it.
Muff Brother #4382 Dudeist Skydiver #000
www.fundraiseadventure.com

Swing and a miss. They actually seem to be up front, the other DZ mentioned isn't.

????? not sure what you are saying here. I never said they were not being upfront. I was simply resonding to jump tickets being sold using MSL which is what start does..... that's it. Read the post next time and the quote so you get the context right.... :P
Life is all about ass....either you're kicking it, kissing it, working it off, or trying to get a piece of it.
Muff Brother #4382 Dudeist Skydiver #000
www.fundraiseadventure.com

Extra fees are consistent with the 1 800 Skyride pricing system. Did they charge you extra for the "Big Airplane" and/or the "Bad Weather Insurance" or other fees? Those fees are total BS! The only "Extra fee" that I know of would be the video package, and those are completely optional and no one should ever make you feel obligated to that. But, you do only get one first jump, so I do recommend that first timers get the video.

No, AFAIK they didn't charge us any other extra fees, aside from obviously the video package. They were pretty straightforward with us about it all.

No, AFAIK they didn't charge us any other extra fees, aside from obviously the video package. They were pretty straightforward with us about it all.

Don't take this personally, but is there anyone from your new DZ that can verify that you are a real person and are jumping at the new DZ?

Make It Happen
Parachute History
DiveMaker

Don't take this personally, but is there anyone from your new DZ that can verify that you are a real person and are jumping at the new DZ?

You think I'm just making this up to try to make ASC look good? I really don't care about the whole feud one way or the other, I'm just telling you what my experience was doing one tandem there. Honestly, I probably won't go back anytime soon, because it's a 4 hour drive from my house, and I like the atmosphere at Skydive Alabama a lot better, but I didn't have any of the problems with my jump at ASC that so many other people have had.

But as far as anybody who can verify that I'm a real person... I don't know, I've only done a few AFF jumps here and I haven't gotten to know anybody all that well yet. And I don't know who from Skydive AL is on DZ.com... but I was there this past Saturday and Sunday mornings for my level 2 and 3, as well as the Friday and Saturday before that for my ground school and level 1.

I was at Skydive Alabama on Saturday... and while you might not care about the feud other people do, and trickery is not beyond them.

So while I probably wouldn't remember you specifically, there was a significant event that happened on Saturday. I'm sure MakeItHappen would appreciate if you could say what it was.

Happy now?

No. I just drew a card out of a deck. Which one is it?

The obvious, Ace of Spades. Just had to get my half penny's worth in.

I know, that's about all it's worth!:o
Refuse to Lose!!!
Failure is NOT an option!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

It happened not long after I left, but another guy doing his level 2 jump (Patrick, I think?) broke his leg on a hard landing. Like I said I wasn't there when it happened, but I from what I was told when I got there Sunday morning they were thinking he forgot to flare.

Happy now? ;)

I just figured I'd provide an easy way to diffuse the situation. And yes that's exactly what happened.;)

You guys are UN-BE-F*CKING-LIEVABLE. Go figure someone had fun skydiving for a fair price. Never woulda guessed.

Thank the skydiving Gods for your sky-is-falling mantra, righteous internet marching, and blind/deaf angry mob. Don't know what the community would do without it. You do realize the idiom 'Where there's smoke there's fire' doesn't apply if you start the fire...

Sarge- hope to see ya around some day, stick with it regardless of what DZ, city, state, or country you choose to jump in. Though many .commers try to mask it, skydiving (as I am sure you're now aware) is actually A LOT of fun.

Be safe all,

Brett

(not directed only to you Jan, just making a statement to your peops)
So there I was...

Making friends and playing nice since 1983