goobersnuftda

Purchase student Goggles for DZ, which ones?

Mid season again and time to replace student goggles. What are DZ's using out there for their students that seem to hold up?

Don't want anything too fancy because they will take them home for a souvenir but the cheap ass $15 clear wonders at Paragear simple do not hold up for a full season.

What would you recommend?

Flexvision goggles are the easiest, clearest and best we use.

Over the glasses models especially.

The only issue with them is if you jump in cold weather, the plastic gets quite stiff, and the plastic edge can 'cut' into your nose, especially if you get smacked in the face.

But is warm weather, the goggles are very flexible and soft, extremely comfortable to wear and they are easy to tighten - no knots needed in the straps.

I agree with flexvision. We use mostly those as well. It's all I will use with my AFF students. (I don't do tandems)

I can't stand them for personal use though, much prefer the flex-z cause they are more comfortable, but they don't work for students cause the band doesn't stay tight unless you tie a knot in it.
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

Left to their own devices, students will never tighten goggles enough to keep them on during freefall.

Try installing a cord-lock, center rear on the shock cord.
As you turn onto jumprun, then tandem instructor can pull any extra inch or two to ensure that they stay on in freefall.