sql259

Parachute hanger in DZ

Hi all,
We are planning to open a new DZ and we wish to use some kind of hanger for the rigs while waiting to be used or at the end of the day.
We have our own design, but I was wondering if somebody knows out there of a reliable, cheap and simple design to share with us. Just to improve our design or replace it.
Thanks in advance.

Wood or metal is not relevant. I am not sure if wood is more expensive here than iron. We can arch soldering, but I guess it is possible just with nuts and screws.

I was sure to have seen it in ParaGear, but I could not find it now. Thanks to one of you I have done it, but now I see it is not exactly what I am looking for. I am more pointed to a rack for several ones. That in our current DZ holds 16 rigs at the same time and has wheels. Heavy one!

I have seen one design using commercial shelves that looks pretty simple and cheap. It would need just a few adjustments. Up to now. I guess it is the chosen design, unless somebody can afford something different.

If somebody were interested in the result of our research we could sent pictures of the final job once done.

Thanks to all of you.

Use pipe with an outside diameter of 2 or 3 inches. The best is steel pipe covered with PVC pipe.
If you anchor it in wood, insert it more than 4 inches, because any less will loosen over time.
Whether you bolt it to the wall or roll it around on wheels, depends upon how securely you can lock the hangar at night. Wheels allow you to roll all the gear into a secure room and lock it before you go home every night.
If you plan to roll it around, keep it light and simple ... max a dozen rigs per cart, with jumpsuits, helmets, etc. stored separately.
Altimeters and radios should be kept in a locked cabinet behind manifest.
The worst scenario is bored drunks with easy access to student gear. Granted, only one percent of skydivers get drunk enough or stupid enough or malicious enough to mess with student gear, but no DZO needs the worry. Senior staff should ensure that all student gear is locked away at the end of every day.

Good idea that of covering the pipe with PVC. That in our current DZ is just painted with some kind of "soft" paint, but the rig shoulders rubbering against the PVC instead of paint sounds much better.
Fortunately (or not), our new airfield has its own security and nobody will be allowed inside without authorization.
Good common sense (or experience) from your part. Thanks a lot.

go for a rig hanger which can carry gear on BOTH sides...

that can be done by running your piping and PVC , clean through the center, and making the hangers long enough to work well on both sides....

doubles your capacity, keeps the unit balanced, and can be made portable, if a wooden frame with decent castors, is used.

If you Keep it In the hangar...
then it can be a hangar hanger...;)B|

jmy
A 3914
nscr 1817