SlackBeef

Coming home to Skydive Temple

I am getting ready to come home from Iraq, and can't wait to start skydiving again at Skydive Temple. It's home and I have my skydiving family and friends there. There are some great people there, if ya haven't been there yet. I invite you to come on down.
GO BIG OR GO HOME!

I can't wait to meet you, SlackBeef... another fun jumper at Skydive Temple... Yay! I will make it a point to be out on the 21st to thank you for your service and welcome you home from Iraq... and to Skydive Temple.

I live in Houston but drive there every weekend because I like the "laid back skydiving vibe"... The people there are awesome, like my family away from home.

I actually ended up there because I was interested in learning CReW. My canopy coach, Aggie Dave told me to get coaching from the best and that was Wendy Faulkner at SDT... So I went there and made my first CReW jump and I've been hooked ever since.

They actually have quite a few CReW dogs there, do you ever make CReW jumps? It's a great "low key place" to learn.

CReWgar

Michael Johnson? I dont' think we've ever met, but I started jumping at Skydive Temple as well. I am too in the military and did 2 tours in Iraq. Glad to have a fellow skydiver come back home safely. I no longer live at the DZ, but will always make it back when I can. Enjoy the trip home, and enjoy the first jump back. SDT is my favorite DZ and home away from home. Blue Skies to you !!
Mick Evans

"Blue Skies"

No, no CrW yet. Will I ever? Don't know. Closest I have ever got was bumpin end cells. That was fun all on it's own. Wingsuitin, Freefly, Swoopin.. those are my disciplines. Soon to be BASE jumpin again soon as well. To do CrW will have to be talkin into for that.
GO BIG OR GO HOME!

I don't get back from beach-ville until January sometime but I'll probably be out at Temple the weekend I get back... it's super close and I have a blast there. Gotta love the green and blue paint too ;)

Mike: I'm jealous of you right now but swooping is for homos, sell your velo and get a low pull or at least wingsuit friendly rig. 30 second 2 ways from 3000' B|:)

This isn't flying, its falling with style.

For those of you following Mike Johnson he should be stateside sometime on Saturday, November 21st! You know he will be out at Skydive Temple as soon as is humanly possible....

We're planning a "welcome back" bonfire * beerfest for Saturday night... everyone is welcome... come on out and make a jump with Mike... celebrate our soldier skydiver returning home... and his return to our beloved sport....

Christie Staffa