tumbleroll

Turbo fan goggles for skydiving - silly idea?

They are even used by special forces soldiers in combat

I don't know anyone who was issued them that wore them longer than it took to realize that they didn't like them. My guess is most are where mine are, sitting at the bottom of a tuff box full of gear taking up space.

I'm sure you're familiar with the term one man one kit. SOF especially, everyone wears what they find comfortable. I've been using these goggles for about 6 months and have no complaints so far. How ever I've always preferred goggles over regular eye pro.
They have not fogged up on me once, even during long infils when the temp drops a bit.. still no fog. So they do what they are designed to do.

From a skydiving perspective though, I haven't once thought about bringing them. There are better, cheaper alternatives than spending $150ish on these goggles.

I'm sure you're familiar with the term one man one kit. SOF especially, everyone wears what they find comfortable.

And my point is that it's not just my opinion I speak of, but of a much larger group of people (all SOF) and they all came to the conclusion that I stated.

From a skydiving perspective though, I haven't once thought about bringing them. There are better, cheaper alternatives than spending $150ish on these goggles.

Agreed, that's why I suggested he save his money.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

bit off topic but i remember that there was a study that stated that people will generally read only the beginning and the end of words, because they are so ingrained in memory, seeing the first and last part of a word the brain reads it as the correct word even if sometimes people misspell some letters in between.

I cant help but reading troll if i look at the name t(umble)roll

Is he subcounsciously trying to tell us he's trolling?

Could also be that I am completely losing my mind...in fact...that would be very possible..ack i should have never created man!