BillyVance

Nashville TV News story on Skyride

Dude your an idiot. Look at the last part of your precious law. There is a grandfather clause in it.

The grandfather clause would have applied to a site like your www.nashvilleskydiving.com because it was there before the law, but the AST sites were done after the law took effect. So maybe you should check your timelines before you slam someone.

Sounds to me like you read it as good as you read that little tidbit about A/C maintinence and had a plane crash at you reputible DZ...which BTW is advertising for Nashville yet is in KY....and its not even OPERATING! Douche. Bag.

Maybe, instead of taking your compadre's word for it, you should look at the site, It has clearly stated for almost a year now that we are closed. www.nashvilleskydiving.org
Refuse to Lose!!!
Failure is NOT an option!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

Dude your an idiot. Look at the last part of your precious law. There is a grandfather clause in it. Sounds to me like you read it as good as you read that little tidbit about A/C maintinence and had a plane crash at you reputible DZ...which BTW is advertising for Nashville yet is in KY....and its not even OPERATING! Douche. Bag.

Bringing aircraft in to this conversation was at best, a lousy attempt to side track the conversation. I have yet to see where Jumpdude or anyone else other than the supporters at AST/1 800 Skyride has ever brought aircraft in to this or the other threads and yet you people keep slamming their accident. Like I said, that was a lousy, failed attempt to distract the conversation. Keep it on topic!
There will be no addressing the customers as "Bitches", "Morons" or "Retards"!

Ah, the truth comes out. Quoted from a PM from one of AST's own, who will remain anonymous:

Believe it or not I am in agreement with most of the things said about skyride. Lets face it facts are facts.

Fincher and Owens are deep in it as well so don't let any one fool you there.

Oh I can grudgingly agree that the DZ may have a good bunch of jumpers, but if the skyriders went away AND the DZ cut its ties to Skyride completely, I wouldn't have a problem.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

All these years people want skyride associated businesses to clean up. So when do they get a fair chance to do so?

For me? They've had their fair chance to do so. For years, as you just specified.

At a certain point, there's an element of 'fooled me once, shame on you'...but how many times do we have to be fooled before we say 'shame on me?'

Based on Skyride's protracted behavior, I'm no longer willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.

(And yes, I associate this DZ with Skyride. If I own one company that is known publicly for its history of ripping people off, and I'm also on the Board of Directors of a local charity, don't you think the public might look at the charity with suspicion? To be completely hyperbolic, Al Capone had a few 'legit' businesses and charities, too...did that make him right?)
Signatures are the new black.

If a jumper who bought a skydive through skyride had a problem with the DZ and wanted a refund, that jumper needs to go to skyride. The DZ doesn't have the jumper's money until SR reimburses the DZ for the gift certificate after a skydive is made. A skydive was not made, the DZ did not keep the GC, jumper needs to get $$ from skyride.

Now, getting that refund from SR would probably prove to be difficult, but the DZ can't do anything about it. All the DZ can do is refer the jumper to another dropzone that accepts skyride gift certificates if the jumper choses not to jump at the initial DZ for whatever reason; which is what the DZ did. The DZ CAN NOT give a refund on money not collected.

If she had gone to the DZ and purchased a jump from them directly, she could potentially negotiate a refund if the DZ wanted to. That said a DZ can not fix skyrides' problems, plain and simple. So focusing attention on the DZ doesn't do anything for your ends, jumpdude, it just makes noise and hurts skydiving.

Good argument. Only problem being, Skyride continually misrepresents itself as the dropzone in question. Here's an example, from the website 'laskydiving.com' (owner of record: IGOVINCENT):

At Los Angeles Skydiving you will be assigned an experienced instructor. Los Angeles Skydiving's staff is the most experienced in the Western United States.
Our staff is among the most qualified and skilled in the world! Los Angeles Skydiving staff members are all licensed professionals. No other skydiving operation in California possesses such an elite instructional staff. When you have chosen Los Angeles Skydiving, you have chosen the best. Isn't that what you want when you go skydiving?

Los Angeles Skydiving is being sold as its own dropzone, with its own professional staff. Good advertising, good SEO, a good overall site...except that Los Angeles Skydiving doesn't exist. It's an essential part of Skyride's business model - the customer is led into believing that they're talking to a dropzone, not a booking agency.

So when a first-time tandem student shows up at the DZ that accepts Skyride certificates, it's natural for them to think their beef is with the DZ. Only if they read the fine print will they see otherwise. Skyride is the one doing the initial misrepresentation, misleading the customer from moment one...so in most people's (and my) book, they're much more in the wrong in this situation than the people they misled.
Signatures are the new black.

Haha funny, From what I can see these folks on here are only mad about skyride because they had a better idea than them

Not really. If they were on the up and up and did it cleanly, there would not be a problem.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Wrong, but thank you for playing. You should quit before people think you're stupid.

Too bad, i've been eyeing the stupid title for awhile now but it appears someone has already taken it...

and thank you for trolling me because I made a sarcastic comment in one of your threads and you took great offense to it, way to be a man.

Thank you for playing:)
Look out for the freefly team, Smelly Peppers. Once we get a couple years more experience we will be a force to be reckoned with in the near future! BLUES!

No offense taken. Thank you for responding to my equally sarcastic comment to your comment.

Nice try but considering how punctual you were about responding, i would say you were waiting for it :)
Look out for the freefly team, Smelly Peppers. Once we get a couple years more experience we will be a force to be reckoned with in the near future! BLUES!

Cool thanks! I love feeding the trolls, you just made my day

Hold on a sec here. Let me get this straight.... You're new here, you're a new jumper, and you're picking a flight with Spence and stealing his avatar? Is anybody else laughing at this or is it just me? Or is my computer having a glitch and I see Spences avatar on Petes avatar, because if that is not a computer glitch then that is just weird.....
Apologies for the spelling (and grammar).... I got a B.S, not a B.A. :)

No he picked a fight with me.
So what if I'm new here?

I see people fight all the time on here over certain issues, especially in SC-- but rare that I see somebody brand spankin new come on and do a tit for tat borderline PA on a resident dz.com'er. (and he and I definitely don't get along on every issue, so it's not like I'm sticking up for him as a best friend that I jump with everyday or something.) You're not breaking any laws I guess, but in my opinion it just takes balls as big as church bells and not a good start to your dz.com'ing. And the avatar thing is just weird. I dunno... just my opinion, and you know what those are like. :S

He is a Skyride supporter. I wouldn't expect any better then stealing pictures from him.;) And judging by a couple things that have been said I'm pretty sure this is a second account or a replacement for one that has been banned. One of those people not smart enough to play by the rules.

He is a Skyride supporter. I wouldn't expect any better then stealing pictures from him.;) And judging by a couple things that have been said I'm pretty sure this is a second account or a replacement for one that has been banned. One of those people not smart enough to play by the rules.

aaahhhhh... ah ha! Gotchya. I'll just leave that be then. B|

I dont think that bringing aircrat into this is legit argument unless negligence was involved. if a company knowingly put customers in danger by placing them in a illegally flying airplane then i would say that was worse than some misleading advertising. I'm sure if customers knew the condition of the plane that they would gladly drive past that DZ to go to one that is at least flying a legal plane. Im not sure the details here but i do believe someone referenced a NTSB report one time that revieled this act. Misleading advertising doesnt kill people. The way I understand it the airplane in question did eventually crash. Luckily it was after jumpers had left and only minor injury to the pilot. I believe that really hurts the credibility of the people making acussations against the so called "skyride" DZ in Tn. If they lie about the basic maintaince of their aircraft then they would definately lie about the activities of a new DZ in the area.
Like I said earlier, looks like a bunch of jumpers that are a product of a failure. So its sour grapes time.

Can anyone INTELLIGENTLY argue this logic??
And once again skyride has no doubt done its share of shady behavior but can anyone tell me how attacking a DZ will help do anything to skyride? Im sure legally it is two seperate companies. Also can anyone tell me how this DZ is scamming? And I dont mean speculating or predicting what the future will hold.
THis is really juvenile and seems to be a strange way to spend your life. there are better things to do with your life then create trouble for people and be hateful. I feel sorry for all that obcess over this ridiculous miniscule part of life and this world. I assure you there are greater things in life to worry about.

From a different thread

Good for you.

Edit to say, Everything you have fucking posted here has been lame so fucking stay home.