downtoearth

skydiving history museum

www.skydivingmuseum.org

I'm donating Airtwardo and Popsjumper!!

Those would be some ugly assed wax figures.... :D

Wax figures nuthin' . . . Andy and I are gonna be standing there like Macy's mannequins, our faces frozen in acid flashbacks. ;)

Gonna grab a shovel and some shellac...I think Ottley and a few others would love to join us! :ph34r:

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Sounds neat but.... dont you think it would make more sense having something like this at a major drop zone where at least you have a steady stream of interested vistors... Perris, Deland, Etc ? I dont know much about Va but other than USPA HQ is there much jumping there ? I dont think many people outside of skydiving are really interested about its History. As an example the only Scuba/Deep Sea diving museums are in FL Keys, areas that have dive populations. EAA at Oshkosh would also be a good location...B|

Good point, heavydude. I live in Northern, Va where the museum is supposed to be built. Other than DC, where all the cool shit is at, I doubt it would get as much attention as we would like.

Look at the Marine Corps Museum. It was built next to Quantico Marine Corps Base and other than Marines (old and new) and a few occassional visitors, the place stays dry most of the time. They really should have built that place closer to DC if not in it, the museum is amazing.

People come to DC to visit DC, not shit 45 min (3 hours in traffic) away. I'm sure it will do OK, but I doubt whuffos would go that far out of their way anyways to see a skydiving museum.

Edit: I'll still support it. Having the museum closer to DC may be unrealistic and would probably cost MUCH more.

All the artifacts (e.g. antique parachutes) they need are in Ralph Hatley's back shed!
Hah!
Hah!

MAN do I love digging thru there.....now if he was not quite so attached to all his old stuff.... he is might proud of all that stuff... especially the stuff up in the attic...