tbsrider9

question about AFF

I have done several jumps and would like to move on and start taking AFF courses. I was wondering if there is a certain frequency at which I would have to do my jumps. For example could I do the level one jump and 3 months later do the level two? Or is there a time requirement?? Also, is there anything else I should know? Thanks for your responses :)

I have done several jumps and would like to move on and start taking AFF courses. I was wondering if there is a certain frequency at which I would have to do my jumps. For example could I do the level one jump and 3 months later do the level two? Or is there a time requirement?? Also, is there anything else I should know? Thanks for your responses :)

Students and Novices—AFF and Tandem/IAF:

1. Who have graduated from the AFF or Tandem/IAF program but have not yet obtained a USPA A license and have not jumped in the preceding 30 days should make at least one jump and demonstrate the ability to start and stop turns, maintain altitude awareness and the ability to maintain stability during deployment. This jump must be made under the direct supervision of a currently rated AFF JM.

I am assuming that it would be 30 days for AFF students as well but it will be damn difficult if you take long breaks between jumps to complete AFF with minimum do-overs
- Neil

Never make assumptions! That harmless rectangle could be two triangles having sex ...

i did my AFF all in two days. 3 jumps the first day and 4 the next. i could not imagine waiting more than a few days between jumps. i might not be correct, but i would think it would be best to do it all within maybe a month or so. maybe not 2 days, but pretty close together.

oh dude DUde DUDE BRO DUDE. omg DUDE! ummmmm. i forgot....

Dudeist Skydiver #61

What type of jumps did you do?

Students need to jump every 30 days.

Section 5.2 of the USPA SIM outlines currency requirements. And has a lot of other important information,

Section 5 is General Recommendations, not part of the BSR's. It is wise for any student to jump as often as possible but it is not a requirement to jump every 30 days.

i did my AFF all in two days. 3 jumps the first day and 4 the next. i could not imagine waiting more than a few days between jumps. i might not be correct, but i would think it would be best to do it all within maybe a month or so. maybe not 2 days, but pretty close together.

i had to wait almost 25 days between jumps cus the weather sucked every free day i had off work. but every day i was at work it was PERFECT, it figures. only had to repeat one level because i pulled to low (so they say ;)) haha
Thanatos340(on landing rounds)--
Landing procedure: Hand all the way up, Feet and Knees Together and PLF soon as you get bitch slapped by a planet.

Many DZ's have package deals where you can pay for all of the training up front at a discounted rate. That allows you to move along nicely. I would recommend planning or saving enough to get through AFF as quick as possible. It will give you the best chances of not having to repeat a level. If you wait three weeks and try to remember what took place on your last jump it might take half the jump to get the feeling back, at which time it is too late, and will cost you more in the long run.

I did my AFF recently and must agree with others that you don't want to have long delays between the jumps. During the course you are constantly reinforcing what you have already learned, while also adding new items. If you take long breaks you will lose the momentum, forget what you've learned, and end up needing to repeat jumps to relearn what you've forgotten. It's really in your best interest to work through AFF relatively quickly.

One thing that helped me with AFF was spending some time in a wind tunnel first. I was pretty good at flying my body before starting AFF, and that let me concentrate better on the other tasks.

Good luck, stay stafe, and have fun!
The meaning of life . . . is to make life have meaning.