flyhi

Next Time Pack Slider Down

Yeah I did mean deployed not flying but I do think you're pretty close. It was definitely sub 1000 and looked 700 ish when he threw out.

The video guy had about 25 seconds of canopy time so that puts him flying around 275 feet if you assume 11 fps descent rate in full flight.

I've deployed a skydiving rig under a grand before. For most people this has happened to, they've already fixed the problem before the canopy finishes opening. All they really want to do is not smash into the ground. If they succeed in not smashing into the earth, then the act of going that low again is seldom repeated.
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

I've deployed a skydiving rig under a grand before. For most people this has happened to, they've already fixed the problem before the canopy finishes opening. All they really want to do is not smash into the ground. If they succeed in not smashing into the earth, then the act of going that low again is seldom repeated.

+1 ;)
"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"