medic001918

I'm hooked

So a couple of weeks ago I made my first tandem jump. Now I'm signed up for my first jump course and will start jumping regularly. I can't wait. Skydiving is at the top of my list of cool things I've been able to do...and I've pretty fortunate in some of my experiences. I can't wait to jump again. Keeping my eyes open for deals on gear so that once I get my A-license I can jump every weekend. This is going to get addicting...just have to remember to make time to scuba dive still and ride my motorcycle!!!

Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself. I'm Shane. I'll probably have quite a few questions along the way.

Shane

You'll soon sell the scuba gear.;) Maybe not the bike because it uses less gas to get to the DZ which equals more money for jumping. Unless you need the money from the bike for gear.

EVERYTHING else will take a back seat for at least 20 years.

I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE

Lol - you just need to figure out how much dust your Scuba gear needs to collect before you sell it. Mine is gone, but a new container will soon have a new canopy! Ride the motorcycle to the DZ until you start having too much gear to make that practical.

Welcome to your new addiction, and Blue skies!
The meaning of life . . . is to make life have meaning.

I doubt I'll sell my dive gear. I still plan on diving, plus there's people in my life would would kill me if I sold it. Not to mention that I still really enjoy scuba diving. I might not dive as much, but I will dive. I just can't wait to start jumping on a regular basis.

Thanks for the welcome.

Shane

I still plan on diving, plus there's people in my life would would kill me if I sold it.

Yeah well...if you're as 'hooked' as most, you'll be selling off those people too! ;)

Welcome to the jungle...and always remember~

Sam's Club: Ramen noodles! :):ph34r:

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Lucky for me my full time career offers me a lot of time off since I work 24 hours on and 72 hours off. This allows me time to work a part time job for extra money to pay for all of this. But it will also let me jump since I pick my own part time schedule. So I'll still manage to find time for both. Not to mention that all of my diving gear is already bought and paid for!!! :)
Shane

Welcome to skydiving bro! You'll never be the same. My prior hobby was golf. Started skydiving July 3rd last year--and in that time have only visited the course once. Still have my clubs (a custom set the 'rents bought me for college graduation)--problem is that good golf weather is also good skydiving weather hahaha. Hope you'll find the right balance.

My prior hobby was golf.

Have you heard the joke about what's the difference between a golfer and a skydiver?;)

I jumped for a 3-4 years before I sold my skis.B|

A golfer goes: WHACK....oh shit!

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

I still have my skis, but haven't skied in a few years. That's another very expensive hobby. Lift tickets now midweek for a decent mountain are about $80. Not to mention the two hour ride to get to a good mountain so it's a couple of hundred dollars to go skiing for the day. Maybe I'll get back into that this winter...or I'll just go to the tunnel and practice flying? Seems about the same cost in the end.

As for jumping, I can't wait to start jumping all the time. I'm looking forward to it. I kept my eyes open and with the help of a friend of mine found a rig so I'll have that all set once I'm off student status. Guess that makes me completely commited at this point after making that purchase. :)
Shane