overide

Why The SKY GOD mentality?

They are at my DZ too.

Some people just have big egos.

The only thing to do about them is:

1. to ignore them.
2. not become one of them.
Relax, you can die if you mess up, but it will probably not be by bullet.

I'm a BIG, TOUGH BIGWAY FORMATION SKYDIVER! What are you?

i'm in! :P

Have you ever been to the top and seen how tiny those windows are?
You would have to be a midget to squeeze through there.

i havent even been close to the US yet.. B|

:D

but i like our pal, and heck, damn me if i werent up for a jump with him sooner or later.. :)
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

Fixed my post...

yay robert, how many times have you killed "it" so far on dorkzone!?

Batting near perfect...
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

I have 207 jumps and still jump a 220 pilot.

I have to ask why is it that when i go to a drop zone i dont know anyone at or back to my home Dropzone where they dont know my exact number of jumps do they treat me like crap.

Constantly i get the you take too long to get down you dont land 3 feet from the hanger comments.

Just look like your not advancing from what i just read.Not to slam ya. But at my dz, guys dont want to waste their money on a lame jump. I started jumping and learning Everything i could.. as fast as i could so i could keep up. Now i can FF and keep up,or do RW and make my slots everytime..Maybe you need to just focus on certain things..Everyone advances differently. I was in Eloy this last weekend jumping and jumped with a guy who had 1200 jumps and 500 + FF. And sucked ass..lol.But whatever...good luck man..
(i like to land as far from the 30 other jumpers as possible but still in the landing aera)

Other wonderful comments i here are to students, Now me i am going for my aff rating and this gets to me. Jumpers with i will say more than 200 jumps at my home dropzone i have personally heard making comments to a licens jumpers. I have even heard it from instructors,

Example : Expierenced jumper says
you landed to close to the flag and your pattern was bad, so the student asks what did you see me do wrong? and the reply he gets dont ask me get a coach to jump with you.

what the hell guys help out people maby he dosent want to spend 80$ on a coach jump to be told to turn in a little earlier.

now when i had 51 jumps i was working with another 50 ish jumper, i had just gotten my pilot and well my landings were anything but gracefull , so one day i show up at the dropzone and ask if anyone wants to free fall with me one of the hotsho sky gods walks up to me and says you need to stop jumping with others and concentrate on your canopy piloting, so i ask what are you talking about what am i doing wrong, what responce do i get but "i dont know i cant help you go pay a coach for a jump"

not on the one side i see the point if i was a hazard you should tell me why! but other than that free falling with someone and piloting in alone well lets see how the hell does free falling with someone prevent me from practicing my canopy skills when i still pull at 4500

i constantly see in parachutest that membership is declining, and i can see why, i almost left because the dz where i kept seeing these attitudes was the only one in my aera, lets face it this is bad conduct and it just drives students away, Stop trying to make this a money machine and help people otherwise noone will be jumping anymore becuase it will just be too damn expensive

oh and i should also mention my old home dz its sister dz which has the people with the worst attitudes i have ever seen has on average 1 to 3 deaths a year so i think these people should re evaluate their attitude

so the student asks what did you see me do wrong? and the reply he gets dont ask me get a coach to jump with you.

most jumpers are willing to help on this. one legitimate reason could be how newbies take 'constructive advice' or how too much "help" just gets confusing or belittling

if I see a newbie making problem after problem after problem - they usually have about 5 or 6 self important people converge on them to "train" them right.

I might just stay away from him - most people are good with 5 people bitching at him about what he did wrong - I really don't want to be Number 6 in the list. Sometimes a person can just be picked on and they'll stop listening to 5 or 6 people giving conflicting advice. Maybe the staff is a good reference for this.

me - "Dave - you really cut into the corner there. Don't break your leg, we'd hate to lose you"
Dave - "Why, what did I do wrong?"
me - "I'm not comfortable teaching you that, maybe you should go talk to (local canopy coach)"
(all the while, 3 more angry faced jumpers are walking up to Dave to put in their 2 cents)

maybe send him to one person - rather than me plus 5 others just spraying 'advice' to him - some of which might conflict

what's wrong with that?

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

I have 207 jumps and still jump a 220 pilot...
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Don't know the details, but I jump a 220.

Am having trouble with the whole concept of a guy with 200+ jumps having to justify a 220.

Maybe the others are being harsh, or maybe they've got a valid point. But he shouldn't be made to feel like there's something wrong with a 220.

Cheers,
JonS.

I have a 170, a 190 & a 210...

I love my big canopy best because I wart to keep my 3 & 1/2 decade record of never being hurt intact...seen too many youngens hauled away trying to land those 2:1 bag-locks. :ph34r:

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

I'm fairly small and have jumped regularly as small as a 75 in my career. These days I only jump my 99's in high wind days, and much prefer my 120's and 135s. And I like nothing more than on the last load of the day jumping my old PD 150 - that canopy is awesome - opens beautifully and all I have to do is pull the pilot chute and it will auto-pilot itself home :-)

The older I get, the more I like going slow!