Hvance

Jumping After Wisdom Tooth Surgery

So I had all four of my wisdom teeth extracted last Tuesday; all impacted. I'm wondering when it's safe to go skydiving again. The FAA would probably prefer me to wait until I stop taking narcotics ( ;)), but is there much danger of the clot breaking down/etc? What with the high altitude, adrenaline, and low barometric pressure, I'm not sure regular post-op instructions cover this. Gratzi.
I wish Google Maps had an "Avoid Ghetto" routing option.

I had mine taken out on a Thursday, didnt jump that weekend, but I did the following weekend. Took some ibuprofen at the start of the day. Really just depends on your own comfort level (and if your doc says your healing ok after your check up -- I had one a week after surgery).

A week after I had wisdom teeth out, I tried to play tennis. Running and bouncing around on the tennis court was too much. I'd suggest not jumping until you can comfortably jump off something 3 or 4 feet high and do a PLF comfortably.
You don't have to outrun the bear.

I feel fine generally speaking. Mouth's still a bit sore, but I can run, jump, etc. My only real concern is for the clot. Probably should just check with the surgeon. Wouldn't want to start bleeding on the way down.

I feel fine generally speaking. Mouth's still a bit sore, but I can run, jump, etc. My only real concern is for the clot. Probably should just check with the surgeon. Wouldn't want to start bleeding on the way down.

Your heart pressure will go up, so this is a small concern.

Even if you do start bleeding, It may create a irritating situation, but not very dangerous.

You'd get to the ground all bloody with a good story, but not in bad shape.

You may want to wait a week or two.

I doubt that I would wait.

Talked to my surgeon and I don't think it will be an issue. The clots look good, and it's been over a week. The low pressure may cause the sore muscles to hurt a little, but nothing too extreme.

And I already landed bloody once, so my quota is good. ;)