jaffo

Flashback to WFFC 2000

*Got my Muff number from Johnny.
*Hangin with Mari.
*Michael Getz was grabbin some air with the big organizers.
*Lots of Naked tandems. Hot chicks walkin round like it's nothin.
*Rodriguez bros went through main tent nekkid.
*A couple people hurt when tents fall during bad storm.
*I met Bill Booth. Thought he was a legend and didn't say much.
*Can't remember the Heiniken Twins name, but thank you god...I'll never forget. Should have written a penthouse article.
*Rod Tinney is a GOD as a chopper pilot.
*Jumped the B-24!!
*Jumped the Pitts
*Jumped the balloon
* 2x to 23000 with Mike Mullens Still my favorite jumpship!!
*Free Beer
*Great bands

What else happened?
Take chances, just do it with all the information to make good decisions!!

Muff Brother# 2706 Dudeist Skydiver# 121.5

Yeah, that storm was a real MFer. I was in one of the big tents that had 6" dia. posts snapping like toothpicks. Surprising that there were no more injuries.

Kevin

Only WFFC I did was 1997. Once was enough. 48 jumps out of everything but the jet. 500th jump SCR/SCS 13 way star out of Mullin's king air with the Alabama Gang and Chris Needles with Mike Mullin doing a dive-by on the way down past us. Also watched the infamous Dead Mike Vederman crash on the tarmac in front of the loading tents, how the hell he survived I'll never know. Also had another dude die in a crash from a panic turn into a RV trailer 20 yards from where I was packing my rig.

That was also the year some idiots tossed out a giant teddy bear or something out of a plane with a small chute (not a sport one) at sunset one day and people thought someone had gone in over the cornfield. I saw the whole thing, and said to my friend "did somebody just go in?" "looks like it" :| Had the Bell 412 helicopter flying circles at night looking for the supposed victim (which had already been recovered and removed by the perps).

Somebody stole a golf cart and went on a rampage through tent city, running over tents, some with people sleeping inside. B|

Also had a tethered balloon go up a short distance for some "BASE" jumps but the winds were honking and the basket tilted far enough that the flames lit up the balloon and it burned up. :D

Lots of great times, but it also had enough bad moments that I didn't think I needed to make it an annual tradition personally. :S

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban