Gators1240

New A/moving to a new DZ

So I just got my A license today. The guys at skydive deland where great and I loved jumping there. Unfortunately I am moving to california in about a week and was wondering, what can I expect going to a new DZ just after getting my license? Here in deland I jumped with a lot of the more experienced jumpers during my progression to my a, so they had a good gauge of my ability, but at a new dz that won't be the case.

More than likely perris and Elsinore since they are only about 1-1/2 hours from me, there is another dz closer(can't remember the name) but it's pretty much just tandems there from what I have heard. Ill probably jump at both perris and Elsinore till I get a feel for each of them and which I like better and then will probably do most of my jumping at one or the other.

More than likely perris and Elsinore since they are only about 1-1/2 hours from me, there is another dz closer(can't remember the name) but it's pretty much just tandems there from what I have heard. Ill probably jump at both perris and Elsinore till I get a feel for each of them and which I like better and then will probably do most of my jumping at one or the other.

You really can't go wrong - both of the DZs will take good care of you. Elsinore, as another poster mentioned, has the Excel camps which are designed to take newer jumpers and help build their skills jumping in groups. They're a blast, and the organizers will build successful jumps based on the skill level of the people who are there that day.

Perris also has organizers working that are happy to put together jumps for newer jumpers and you'll be sure to have a lot of fun there.

I jumped at both DZs as a sub-100 jump jumper and had a great time, learned a lot, and did some successful skydives. I still enjoy jumping at both DZs as often as I can get down there.

At either place, just ask at manifest who is organizing for the day, introduce yourself, and be up front about your jump numbers and experience. They'll take care of you. B|

Oh, and since you're moving in "about a week" be sure to mark your calendar and come by Elsinore for the Chicks Rock boogie. That'll be a great way to meet a TON of people and have a blast. It runs from 9/30 to 10/3.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

So I just got my A license today. The guys at skydive deland where great and I loved jumping there. Unfortunately I am moving to california in about a week and was wondering, what can I expect going to a new DZ just after getting my license? Here in deland I jumped with a lot of the more experienced jumpers during my progression to my a, so they had a good gauge of my ability, but at a new dz that won't be the case.

Go to the DZ Take your gear

Talk to whoever is at the manifest desk

Fill out the paperwork and show your A license card (or they can look it up online on the USPA website for DZ's)

Ask who the S&TA is and get the briefing for the DZ DZ Picture from the air etc... where to land what NOT to do

Ask who the Load Organizer is and talk with them about your experience and ask who they think you should start jumping with...

And have fun

One thing I do when I go to a new DZ is make a pre-second jump by myself... last out... open a bit high like 6K or so high and fly around checking out what the area and airport looks like and get into a good pattern and make a nice non stressfull landing based on what the S&TA said.

Yeah like I said, I finished my a license today and vie only been jumping for a few weeks

If you go around uttering the F word..... the thirsty bastards will have you making beer runs to the store even more frequently:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

DUUUUUDE this is an ESSENTIAL skydiving skill:o:)

Good Luck w/the move to California, Gators. Just don't drink the tap water. Look what happened to Arnold...

Perris ALWAYS has RW load organizers on the weekends. Hasn't always been the case at Elsinore, but it may have changed. Mel will tell you straight up what she's got going on.

Perris usually has more than 1 LO for RW jumpers, and they split the jumpers roughly by skill levels, although Mark always tries to take the pretty women. :)
Both Perris and Elsinore are good DZs. They feel quite a bit different from each other, so jump at both places, and make your own decision.

There are battered women? I've been eating 'em plain all of these years...