tmarine253

Did my first hop n' pop.

4500 feet. Not really that low but it was the first one. I really enjoyed it.

4500? i was required to do a 4500 hop and pop to get my license. I hated my hop and pop when i did it but i do one every weekend i jump now. I love it. Im doing a 13500 h&p this weekend

I would feel comfortable doing one at 3k. I was so surprised how quickly I pulled I didn't think I could get stable that quickly but hop n' pops really showed me how quickly I could get stable. Its funny though, my dz (Deland) doesn't do hop n' pops at 3k only between 4.5 and 5k.

I have already started to learn, my first experience was on a Brand new PD Storm which is made of zero-p, it was damn near impossible.

Im packing a new storm also, its very difficult. How do you like the way it fly's ? i will jump it the first time this weekend

To the above poster, I love the way the Storm flies, I jump a 170, its pretty quick which I like and its got a really nice powerful flare. To the other poster, the A card still states a 3500 hop n' pop. My home DZ does them from 4500-5000 feet for whatever reason. However you won't get it signed off unless you pull in like 3 sec. from leaving the plane.

My home DZ does them from 4500-5000 feet for whatever reason. However you won't get it signed off unless you pull in like 3 sec. from leaving the plane.

Maybe for your water training they'll just throw a wet towel in your face.:P:D

They should have you do the hop and pop from 3500' to get your license. I don't want to be the guy shoving you out of the plane on an emergency exit 'cause you balk in the door. ;)

My home DZ does them from 4500-5000 feet for whatever reason. However you won't get it signed off unless you pull in like 3 sec. from leaving the plane.

Maybe for your water training they'll just throw a wet towel in your face.:P:D

They should have you do the hop and pop from 3500' to get your license. I don't want to be the guy shoving you out of the plane on an emergency exit 'cause you balk in the door. ;)

I'm with you, John. And only waiting 3 seconds sure doesn't put you at 3500 feet! :(
"safety first... and What the hell.....
safety second, Too!!! " ~~jmy

POPS #10490

Yeah I will. The only thing I have left on my A card is to learn to pack, I have kind of put that off.

so what would you do if you got to a dz that has no packers!? not jump!?
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

I'd be glad to do a hop n' pop at 3500, it would be no problem. And negative on the wet towel in the face, I asked about water training today and it is done in a deep lake filled with some disgusting water, I can't wait for that.

http://www.uspa.org/USPAMembers/Downloads/tabid/84/Default.aspx

The Two A License Cards each show a 3500' hop and pop (Clear and Pull). The 2 page list the one at 3500' and the 4 page lists two, one each at 3500' and 5500'.

How long has the ISP been in use?

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

I'd be glad to do a hop n' pop at 3500, it would be no problem. And negative on the wet towel in the face, I asked about water training today and it is done in a deep lake filled with some disgusting water, I can't wait for that.

Good on you. You'll get a chance. I've had to leave planes as low as 1200' due to engine problems. It was nice to know I could get my canopy open in time. :)
My tip for water training? Volunteer to go first. The canopy will be dry and not sink so fast on you. Gives you a little more time. I've done two water jumps. Can't say I enjoyed all the work involved, but they were interesting.