vrogov

New York: planning to attend a skydiving school, looking for a partner in crime

Good afternoon,

I am planning to attend a skydiving school in June of 2011 and become a licensed skydiver.

I am looking for a person who would do it with me as together we would share all travel expenses.

I have money and time to accomplish this. Looking for someone decisive.

I have done a research about skydiving schools near New York, but still have not made a decision which would be the best option. Any advise of a knowledgeable person would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Thank you for your response
I have previously read that it takes 25 jumps to become licensed
This school seem to offer 13 levels, which i hope, include same 25 jumps
Also, first three jumps are required to be in a tandem
There are schools that charge a similar price, but first 2-3 jumps will be completed solo with an instructor flying near you.. i dont know which is better..i'va made couple solo jumps in the past and not to happy about an idea to be tied to someone

I live in the city. Do you plan to drive to dropzone?
How often do you plan to make jumps?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

I don't mean to step on The Ranch's toes here but....Might I suggest a consideration for Skydive the Farm in Georgia?

It just may be, and it has been in the past, that achieving the A license here will be cheaper than somewhere nearby including the round-trip flight.

We've had several New Yorkers come through here.

We don't require tandem jumps for training. We do offer it as an option. You can check out the web page and/or call for detailed info on accomplishing that A-license in one trip.

(see link in sig line)
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

vrogov stated "i've made couple solo jumps in the past and not to happy about an idea to be tied to someone"

Call the Ranch and speak to someone about your experience. I did not do tandems because i had some previous jumps. Similiar situation for a buddy of mine. I cannot speak for them but i know they accomadated us in our desire to skip the tandems.
"The point is, I'm weird, but I never felt weird."
John Frusciante

guys, thank you so much for your replies
I have found a person to skydive with and complete the course with me
we have made three tandem jumps at Skydive Long Island (Great place, great people)
However, the spots in their theory class are reserved for the next 2-3 weeks.
Since we would wish to complete our training asap we are considering doing that on Skydive the Ranch this Sunday (theory + several jumps)+ next weekend
the only issue is that our car is undergoing maintenance and we will not have it this Sunday
If someone will be going there this Sunday and has two seats available - please kindly let us know
Otherwise we will try to make it by bus!

If no one gets back to you, the bus to New Paltz and then a cab is pretty easy and common. Also, there is a shuttle bus advertised at the Ranch, to and from the city. i dont know the details but perhaps you can call and ask.

You should be able to hook up with people to carpool once you get to the Ranch. its a big friendly place.

If your an attractive young lady who likes middle age married men, call me. I will give you a ride. There is no room for your friend, unless she is attractive too. Then its not a problem.
"The point is, I'm weird, but I never felt weird."
John Frusciante

A lot of people take the bus up there and back home. Once you get to know a few people i bet carpooling wont be that tough. i know on sundays there are lots of people heading back to the city and most are willing to offer rides. Check ranchrookie.com on the forums also.
Wait , I pull what first?

thank you guys
we will keep the bus in mind as our reserve option

"If your an attractive young lady who likes middle age married men, call me. I will give you a ride. There is no room for your friend, unless she is attractive too. Then its not a problem"

No, im a dude. But if I ever meet an attractive young lady who likes middle aged married men and needs a ride to a Skydive the Ranch - I will definitely make a referral to you. I just need to know the parameters how you determine whether the girl is attractive or not. Do not want to give you a bad lead.