Superfletch

2 Dropzones in MO need your help!!!

skydivemissouri.com would be a GREAT investment for ANY drop zone in the state of missouri.

freefallexpress.org is available. That would be an even BETTER investment for ANY dropzone in the world. How about Skydive Missouri registering that and using it. Is that OK with you?

Actually Gary, if you weren't in denial about the realities of trademark law, you would know that skydivemissouri.com is useful only to Skydive Missouri, or to anyone stupid enough to try to trick the public into thinking their web site belonged to Skydive Missouri, and then get sued over it.

A lookup at GoDaddy produced the following

Registrant:
BRYAN WOLFORD
Missouri 65714
United States

Domain Name: SKYDIVEMISSOURI.COM
Created on: 09-Jul-99

***Word Mark,SKYDIVE MISSOURI
Goods and Services,IC 041. US 100 101 107. G & S:
Education services, namely, providing classes, seminars and workshops in the field of skydiving.
FIRST USE:19940819. FIRST USE IN COMMERCE: 19940819
Standard Characters Claimed
Mark Drawing Code,(4) STANDARD CHARACTER MARK
Serial Number,77030880
Filing Date,October 27, 2006

I added the bold print to highlight the relevant info

MikeWright Superfletch

It sounds like both drop zones have issues that need to be worked out. Why don’t you 2 get a room and quit the public cat fight. No one likes looking at dirty laundry.

Sparky

You are quite correct in that both drop zones have their issues. I will not disagree. Personally I didn't want to get into them here at all. The owners are having their days in court. The main issue and the only one I care about at this point is the city's stand on whether to allow commercial operators to lease hangars at the airport. Both drop zones leases are up in the middle of August. That being said, the city is leaning towards not renewing the leases to either drop zone when the leases come due. What this amounts to is Two less drop zones in the state of Missouri and yet another airport that skydiving has been removed from. Please help the fun jumpers of both Skydive Missouri and Freefall Express to continue to have a "local" drop zone to call their home by taking a moment out of your day and emailing [email protected] and have her forward that mail to all the city council members and the mayor. It won't take but a minute and could help to keep skydiving at an airport located only several feet from Interstate 44. Even if you have never jumped here before, you may wish to stop and give it a go one day while you're traveling through on this major corridor across the country.

Gary "Superfletch" Fletcher
D-26145; USPA Coach, IAD/I, AFF/I
Videographer/Photographer

I added the bold print to highlight the relevant info

Dave, if you want to make a point, you are going to need to explain it better to people who are not as smart as you about trademark law. You are going to need to tell them that because Freefall Express registered the domain name skydivemissouri.com before Skydive Missouri was registered as a Service Mark, that Freefall Express can steal it. Right? That's no reason to bring a lawsuit, right?

Now I know how sacex250 feels.

Just to let you all know, Gary contacted by personal message to tell me some things that I guess he is afraid to post, for fear of being thought of as supporting theft I suppose, but I'll let him repeat those statements in a post.
(Hint- He answered one of my questions in an earlier post.)

I'm done, at least until the next thread where I see him bashing Skydive Missouri.

Just to let you all know, Gary contacted by personal message to tell me some things that I guess he is afraid to post, .

////B|

Oh...you, not him.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

I guess he is afraid to post, .

Afraid to post? Sheesh! I private messaged you last night asking why you are hiding. It is obvious from your account that you just registered yesterday and your only post are in this thread. Your reply to me was that 1. I am hiding by private messaging you and that I should post in the thread. 2. You are a skydiver far away from Missouri who is tired of reading Skydive Missouri bashing.

I would have private messaged you my response, but you are now blocking private messages. So, here you go.

First - the only reason I private messaged you, was because what I had to say had nothing to do with the thread which is about "KEEPING SKYDIVING AT THE MOUNT VERNON AIRPORT"

Second - If you are a skydiver far away from Missouri tired of reading the Skydive Missouri bashing, then how did you know anything about it if you never had account before yesterday. That tells me you have a different account and didn't want to show who you are in this thread.

Anyway - to all others

PLEASE HELP KEEP SKYDIVING AT THE MOUNT VERNON MISSOURI AIRPORT.

This post was made for a call out to all skydivers to write a letter to the city of Mt Vernon, MO to ask them to please reconsider their stand on not allowing new leases to commercial operations. Any skydiver who wishes to try and help save an airport for skydiving should write to: [email protected] . It was not intended for bashing of either drop zone.

FACT: One of the drop zones is suing the city for $1.25M (where the hell did they come up with that #?) and trying to bully them. City Council's words, not mine.

FACT: Because of this, the city council has decided that they don't make enough money at the airport to put up with the crap so they want to no longer issue any kind of commercial hangar leases leaving BOTH drop zones out in the cold.

FACT: I started this thread as a call out to all skydivers that wish to keep skydiving available at yet another airport and not to BASH any drop zone.

It really doesn't matter why skydive missouri would sue freefall express or why they would then sue the city of mt vernon. Those can be topics of a different thread if you like and you can bash each other all you want. I do apologize to everyone because I did kind of bash skydiver Christopher J. Stark, but only because I think he's a no friend to skydiving, self serving PRICK looking for a free hand out at the expense of MANY other skydivers. Oops, there I go again.

I only PM'd you because you wanted to talk about issues that have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with the topic at hand, which is... The City of Mount Vernon, MO is considering not leasing hangars to 2 separate drop zones. There are SEVERAL of us licensed skydivers who hate the thought of our home drop zones being displaced in a few weeks. We would like the help of any skydiver who could take a moment of his time and just write a letter to the city of Mt. Vernon asking them to please reconsider their stand on the issue and allow one or both drop zones to lease hangar space and continue to conduct skydiving operations. Mount Vernon, Missouri is located just a few feet from Interstate 44 and roughly 5 miles outside of town. The airport is surrounded by cleared farmland. It simply is a very convenient and great location to skydive with many, many outs. It would be a shame for the skydiving community to lose this airport. Whether or not you like freefall express or skydive missouri or neither, I do assume that most people reading these post do like skydiving. If that is the case, do yourself and your fellow brothers a favor and drop an email to the city asking them to let the drop zones stay. This is the point of my post. Thank you all for your time.

PennyLynn, thank you for your post. I wish Gary was as forthright. Although he wants to divert attention away from the theft of the domain name skydivemissouri.com, (and refuses to answer my questions in public because his answers support that theft), that is actually one of the main reasons that Freefall Express is in the position it is in, and the reason that skydiving is now threatened at the Mt. Vernon, Missouri airport. If the city of Mt. Vernon has given preferential treatment to thieves, then it might be expected that they would be sued. Oh, well, time will tell. Signing out.

Theft of a domain name... man that is rich. Domain names have to be purchased you horses ass. And why would I, or how could I even answer any of your questions. I do not own freefall express or skydive missouri nor do I speak for them. The point of this whole post is that Freefall Express and Skydive Missouri are in the SAME position where hangar leases are concerned. Obviously you're not interested in what this thread is actually about and are just trying to flip it over to further your own agenda. You are a Troll hiding behind a made up brand new account so this will be the last post I deal with you. Dropzone.com really should make a better attempt to screen this sort of crap out or at least allow access to IP addresses so people can't hide behind fake user accounts.

And why would I, or how could I even answer any of your questions. I do not own freefall express or skydive missouri nor do I speak for them..

Gary, you don't need to own or represent either of those dropzones to answer the question above. All you need to do is to think for your self and answer the question publicly.

Once again:

freefallexpress.org is available. How about Skydive Missouri registering that and using it (stealing the Freefall Express identity).

Is that OK with you?

And why would I, or how could I even answer any of your questions. I do not own freefall express or skydive missouri nor do I speak for them..

Gary, you don't need to own or represent either of those dropzones to answer the question above. All you need to do is to think for your self and answer the question publicly.

Once again:

freefallexpress.org is available. How about Skydive Missouri registering that and using it (stealing the Freefall Express identity).

Is that OK with you?

You are behaving like a spoiled brat on someone else’s thread. If you have something you want to discuss be mature enough to start your own thread. [:/]

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

Dave, if you want to make a point, you are going to need to explain it better to people who are not as smart as you about trademark law. You are going to need to tell them that because Freefall Express registered the domain name skydivemissouri.com before Skydive Missouri was registered as a Service Mark, that Freefall Express can steal it. Right?

That's just it, they own the domain name, and that ownership was public knowledge before someone else registered that same name as a Service Mark. What exactly the owner of a domain name can publicly do with it if the name has also been trademarked is another story, but as far as I know, the owner of the domain name isn't using it publicly, so his ownership is doing no harm to anyone and is his own business.

I have to tell you, if I was considering a name for a business that I inteded to trademark, I would probably research that name before doing so. Choosing a name that the related domain name is owned by your only local competition seem pretty short sighted. I could see if the domain was owned by a business who delt in buying and selling domain names, then you might just figure you could buy it once you trademarked the name. But when it's owned by the guy across the airport from you, you're only local competition, you more or less give up the idea of every having a domain name to match your business name.

What exactly the owner of a domain name can publicly do with it if the name has also been trademarked is another story.

That's my point. You can't do much of anything with it. Freefall Express was using a web site at skydivemissouri.com to advertise skydiving. And they wonder why they got sued.

You are behaving like a spoiled brat on someone else’s thread.

Someone else's thread? You mean Gary's thread? It was his thread after his first post, (which was a nice one), then he started his usual Skydive Missouri bashing on his second post.

Search his name in these forums. He practically makes a career out of bashing Skydive Missouri. He can't help himself.

And he is representing a dropzone that has had numerous accidents and fatalities. Look them up. Search in these forums for Freefall Express.

If you want to know the truth, I challenge you to call Skydive Missouri and get their side to this story. You are reading only one side. (oh, by the way, you won't find them at skydivemissouri.com. That has been stolen.)

You can not steal what you buy. Like it or not your DZO buddy didn't buy the domain name, and the other guys did, you snooze you loose, simple as that!

If you want to open a business and you do a domain search for your business name and keywords that pertain, you are given a number of different choices, kind of like buy a vanity plate for your car.... if one word or domain name is for sale....

GUESS WHAT ACE< your free to buy it and resell it, sit on it or build a website and have that link point to your site via redirect, while skyride'ish in tactic yes, the question becomes is it legal to do that?

Regardless, no one has stolen anything from anyone, only someone had their head up their ass when domains started selling.

Now can someone pass the popcorn please! Oh and how about a rain coat, if I'm going to stand this close to a pissing contest, I don't want to get wet.....
you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

He practically makes a career out of bashing Skydive Missouri. He can't help himself.

If you want to know the truth, I challenge you to call Skydive Missouri and get their side to this story. You are reading only one side. (oh, by the way, you won't find them at skydivemissouri.com. That has been stolen.)

Who did you say was bashing?

One drop zone sued the City. Now who do you think pissed the City off? Who are they going to sue next?

And like Star said, nothing was stolen.

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

He practically makes a career out of bashing Skydive Missouri. He can't help himself.

Who did you say was bashing?

One drop zone sued the City. Now who do you think pissed the City off? Who are they going to sue next?

And like Star said, nothing was stolen.

Sparky

Hi Sparky

You all are confusing the issue with the facts.

A coulple days ago the issue was two good old boy DZ's having as situation with the bad town airport owner.

A couple days later we're back anf the good old boy DZO's arre pointing fingers at ea other and there are now some copy right issues and phone # issues etc etc popping up.[:/]

Your lawyers will do the best in their ability and your $$$ to get this mess fixed to everyones satisfaction:S.

Don't worry be happy. sit down take a load off, take out your CC's and make yourself comfortable :(

The Lawyer's always win. & know how to spell.:)

R.I.P.
One Jump Wonder

I've got $5 that says Mike Wright is the lawyer... but that would just be a guess albeit a good one.

Mike... or Stark... or whatever you're name is... I make my career out of Skydiving. The only reason I have ever bashed Skydive Missouri, is because for the past 3 years they have spent every waking moment in a court room trying to take my drop zone and my source of income from me. I never had a bad word to say about anyone over there... not one, until the day my name showed up in some legal documents in the middle of a court battle brought on by them, spewing with lies about me. Am I bitter... hell yes I am. But that is all issues for a different thread.

This thread should be about any skydiver wishing to help keep an airport available to skydiving companies should contact [email protected] and ask that she forward it on to the mayor of mount vernon and it's city council members.

I just wanted to take a moment and say thank you to all that may have sent letters to the city of Mount Vernon. Your voices were heard and the city voted last night to "extend" a lease thru the end of the year to both drop zones. Some time between now and the beginning of next year they will draw up "new" leases in hopes of addressing the concerns they have been presented with. No one knows at this point what the "new" leases will have in store for either drop zone, however, after the meeting it is apparent that the city is at least willing to work with us and is not looking to sacrifice skydiving anymore. Again... Thank you.