Titanman2789

Why does customer service in skydiving suck?

I'd only add Chutingstar to that list.

I try to buy as much as I can from Mike. My Vigil2, Optimum, Safire2, camera helmet + mounts, gear bag and a ton of little things.

Only dealer I know that responds to emails in the middle of the night. :)

That sucks, how many people are up in the middle of the night to read them. :P;)

Sparky

Well, I was ordering the parts for my rig while I was deployed to Iraq, so... I was. ;)
and anyone in OZ or NZ ordering from them ;)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I try to buy as much as I can from Mike. My Vigil2, Optimum, Safire2, camera helmet + mounts, gear bag and a ton of little things.

Only dealer I know that responds to emails in the middle of the night. :)

That sucks, how many people are up in the middle of the night to read them. :P;)

Sparky

Well, I was ordering the parts for my rig while I was deployed to Iraq, so... I was. ;)
and anyone in OZ or NZ ordering from them ;)

It's a sickness I suppose as I don't sleep very well if someone's question is hanging on my mind. Good fun. And yeah, the other side of the world is well awake when I'm up at 3 a.m. It's the 24/7 cycle of life these days.

A good number of skydiving manufacturers have had serious bouts with being extremely difficult to communicate with and dropping the ball on huge issues. I too think customer service in skydiving, especially with some manufacturers, is lacking and they don't seem to think it's worth taking the effort and time to improve. Many are high on themselves and/or don't seem the long-term benefit of sacrificing some profits for making something right. Eventually they'll just go away...or finally wake up.

Mike
ChutingStar.com

When I was a camera flyer I bought ONE conceptus switch, every time I bit the through the mouth piece (or any other reason) they'd replace for FREE at least 5-6 times. I had 25000 jumps on my ProTrack I bought 11 years ago. I cracked it (when I had it in my pants) and L&B replaced it for FREE! I cannot think of any service I received anywhere else that even comes close to the service I have received from skydiving companies (Tonysuit, Bev suit, Graviator, L&B, Conceptus, Altimaster, Paragear, Chuting Star, GoPro, etc) Now the service I have received from SONY ... that is another story. :/

steveOrino

My experiences with the above companies/manufacturers have been equally terrific.

Agreed! The only reason this dealer was not on my original list was because my first purchases from them were this year and I have 20-25 years experience with the others I listed. No issues and a joy to deal with Chutingstar regardless, and they have a great reputation far and wide. I would not hesitate to recommend them.

Which raises an important point. Get to know gear dealers, manufacturers and DZOs as best you can. Learn who you can trust, who stands behind their products and what they say.

Alternatively, you can try to save a couple of $ and spend your money with those that inspire less customer confidence; your choice.

There are reasons the phrase "caveat emptor" apllies to skydiving...

I'm gratified that one or two companies hasn't already flooded this thread with posts of "company XXXX has great service" - times are tough, but the general tenor of the industry is nice about to hear without advertising

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants