DcloudZ

Jumping while sick?

where is the like button on this????

good one. I hate sick tandem passengers.

"I can't hear anything, and it hurts."
"Well, are you sick??"
"Yeah."
now I'm thinking, "okay i hope your ears hurts more when I sprial down because thanks to you, I'll be missing work for the next three days."
Bernie Sanders for President 2016

Not sure that you understand the concept of freefall lol, what you're thinking of is terminal velocity. Regardless, I just did a 13,500 and other than a little pressure, everything was fine!

Like Lisa said, I sort of understand the concept of freefall…….. a little bit. ;) If you left the airplane at 5,000 feet and opened at 4,000 feet you didn’t do a “hop’n’pop all so known as a clear’n’pull. You did about a 9 to 10 sec. delay. I just think that if you are going to go to the trouble to learn something, learn the proper terminology. Stay safe.

Sparky

"The beginning of wisdom is to first call things by their right names." -- Chinese proverb

Thanks Robin.
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

Not sure that you understand the concept of freefall lol, what you're thinking of is terminal velocity. Regardless, I just did a 13,500 and other than a little pressure, everything was fine!

I'm pretty sure mjosparky understands what freefall is and is not. ;)

What do YOU consider a hop n pop? Pull as soon as you are clear of the plane, 5 sec, 10 sec, as long as it takes to get stable? Only the first option is a hop n pop, which isn't ff, except in the strictest sense that you are not using a static line or equivalent.

BTW, I'm glad you aren't bleeding from your nose or ears. :)

I jumped from 5 and pulled at 4, and I'm glad as well! I was ready to suffer the consequences either way:)

So you were willing to accept the possiblility of serious, permanent injuries, the possibility of these injuries preventing you from ever jumping again?

For one jump?

Somehow I think that either you didn't understand the possible consequences or (more likely) didn't believe that they could happen to you.

Be careful with that mindset. It's pretty dangerous.

I did my research, I informed myself of the possibilities, I gave myself the best odds (I'd been on antibiotics for 5 days and was approaching the end of the sinus cold anyway) I did a sinus rinse that went right through and when I was at the DZ I had free-flowing nasal passages (sinuses included). I did a jump from 5,000 feet to see how it would go (which had no negative consequences or sinus pressure) and then I proceeded to do regular jumps from 13,500 feet a day later...
"Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way." -Alan Watts

I'd been on antibiotics for 5 days and was approaching the end of the sinus cold anyway

Why are you taking antibiotics, a cold is viral?

Sparky

Lol sounds weird but I wasn't sure what it was at the beginning and my mom works for a doctor so she just got a prescription (short version of a long story)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_cold

"Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way." -Alan Watts

Lol sounds weird but I wasn't sure what it was at the beginning and my mom works for a doctor so she just got a prescription (short version of a long story)

That is so utterly sad and disgusting. Our country is in soooo much trouble in a few years. :(

Not to mention a considerable rise in Drug Resistant strains of bacteria because of such practices of over/improperly using and prescribing of antibiotics[:/]

Bry

--------------------------------------------------
Growing old is mandatory.Growing up is optional!!

D.S.#13(Dudeist Skdiver)

That is so utterly sad and disgusting. Our country is in soooo much trouble in a few years. :(

don't worry he's from Canada ;)

don't worry he's from Canada ;)

Oh phew! Crisis adverted!! :D

That's cuz I hang around you.

I'm pretty sure that involves responding to my texts/messages :P
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message