yuensolippy

why skydive?

i started skydiving cuz i was at a point in my life where i just didnt care if i died...

and it gave me a reason to want to live..and took my mind off of all the negitive shit i was going thru

I've heard that a couple of times before too[:/]
Fear is Temporary, Regret is Forever!

www.myspace.com/byasa

Ever hit "Control-Alt-Delete" on your PC...total reset...thats what it does for me.

AMEN TO THAT . . . you should put that on a t-shirt.

the first jump on a friday afternoon or saturday morning is enough to completely erase a weeks worth of work-related stress. Good call.
You think you understand the situation, but what you don't understand, is that the situation just changed.

i agree no matter how bad the week before depressed me once im on the dz, my mental state improves and im just glad to be alive and able to jump, gets me ready for the next week.when your job is fixing others shit and dealing with po customers all day it can be a real drag, jumping actually helps me stay upbeat and freindly
light travels faster than sound, that's why some people appear to be bright until you hear them speak

why you should skydive at least once in your life. it'd be GREAT if you all could tell me some of your reasons.

Objectively, no one should have to do anything there don't wish to.

My reasons for skydiving are subjective and may differ from others. Initially I did a tandem to conquer my fears and become a stronger person (mentally) from it, I continued into AFF not only for said-reason, but I discovered that I actually enjoyed it, loved the view and really saw myself having a future in the sport.

This is a minor suggestion, but since you have taken an interest in the subject at hand, I would reccomend doing a tandem jump so that you would have your own perspective to go with the report rather than second-hand accounts from others. In the end its up to you. I guess the bottom line for me is that I simply skydive because I choose to :)

Good luck.

A lot of things happen really fast, and until you have done several jumps, you cannot grasp or appreciate the finer details of everything from getting on the plane to putting the closing pin back in the loop after packing. It's a completely different experience from the rest of life.

IMHO it is really hard to articulate what skydiving is like. I think everyone equates it to something different. As others have suggested it would might be best to try it then you may be able to articulatewhat it means to you.
A while back, I had a reporter call me for research on an article he was writing, in the end I suggested it may be best if he tried skydiving. After skydiving he decided he would write a second article. Here is the link to the article he wrote about his experience http://www.molallapioneer.com/ArcStoryPage.asp?Database=Story&StoryID=2541
Kirk