Maksimsf

home made track suit

Guys, I know someone who is really good with sewing machine and I was thinking to try to have my own home made tracking suite. Yes I will do some "copy cat" and no I will not sell anything to make a profit. What would be a proper fabric to start with? I'm not trying to make a bad ass tracking suit, just want to try something out.

Thanks

P.S. labour charge of "someone" is about $5/hr

Do this: go to Target.

Buy a pair of reasonably well constructed rain/windbreaker pants (buy at least 2 sizes larger than what you would wear).

replace the drawstring with a piece of 550 cord.

hem the bottoms, creating a channel to put ankle drawstrings in, add more 550 cord.

Use a wood burner (or cigarettes, like the old school dudes did) to burn 30-40 holes in the groin area.

sew all the pockets shut.

put on over your legstraps, ensuring they are tight enough to not fall down, (drawstring tight).

Close ankle drawstrings.

Jump. Realize a tracking suit is not that cool for skydiving, learn it for $200-$300 less than what it would cost to buy one.

If you get into BASE, use it there.

I spent 3 weeks spanking dudes in Italy, Suisse and Norway in my home made pants and a hardshell Arcteryx top. They spent way more money than I did... (I made mine from a pair of old Wild Things pants, sewed mesh into the groin, didn't burn "smoke pants").

DISCLAIMER: If your pants wind up on your ankles b/c you didn't tighten the drawstring enough and pull head low-that's your fault.

-Harry
"Sometimes you eat the bar,
and well-sometimes the bar eats you..."

i really like that..........besides, ive seen some good older videos of those guys tracking bigwalls like fuckin CHAMPIONS in homemade raingear trackpants.................superterminal comes to mind specifically

did you do anything special for the jacket?
gravity brings me down.........