Kalrigan

This weather.

So here I am a new skydiver, started PFF (Canadian equivalent of AFF, sorta) and the weather has become such a pain here in Toronto. I'm on the last jump to get my solo, which is a 5k hop and pop and I can't seem to get it done. Everytime I go it is either too windy, too cloudy or something else that's equally annoying. All previous 9 PFF jumps have been great, incredibly fun, did well, learned a lot and passed them the first time.

Now I'm stuck here and worried this will be the end for this season. :(
What happens if it really is the end for now, what will I have to do when I come back in the spring? Just finish it and all is good? I just want to jump FFS.

> I'm on the last jump to get my solo, which is a 5k hop and pop and I can't seem to
> get it done. Everytime I go it is either too windy, too cloudy or something else that's
>equally annoying. All previous 9 PFF jumps have been great, incredibly fun, did well,
>learned a lot and passed them the first time.

How long have you been jumping for? It took me almost a year to get through the static line program on Long Island. If I made one jump a weekend I was doing pretty well, and I couldn't get out there every weekend.

Hi Kalrigan,

I wouldn't worry about the end of the season. Parachute School of Toronto is open year-round. Although, we don't usually go much higher than 5k in the winter very often.

Should be do-able to get one H & P done before next year.

Check us out. www.parachuteschool.com 1-800-361-5867 :)

PULL!! or DIE!!

Hi Kalrigan,

I wouldn't worry about the end of the season. Parachute School of Toronto is open year-round. Although, we don't usually go much higher than 5k in the winter very often.

Oh yeah? That's good to know, thanks for the info. I started jumping at STI because I had a friend who jumped there, how would that affect my solo certificate? I didn't think you were able to hop around dropzones during PFF.

Yeah, welcome to skydiving! It's a weather-bound sport if ever there was one!

You'll get there.

Down here south of you, it decided it's time to be winter and got pretty cold. I'm not really looking forward to skydiving tomorrow (But I'll probably still do it!)

I'm planning to spend more time in the wind tunnel and less time in the air during the winter months. October/November ought not to be terrible, but I'm seriously not looking forward to December/January/February. Not at all.
I'm trying to teach myself how to set things on fire with my mind. Hey... is it hot in here?

Hi Kalrigan,

brrrrr.
I don't know how you guys do it.

5k jumps at winter time?? brrrr

Hi Kalrigan,

brrrrr.
I don't know how you guys do it.

5k jumps at winter time?? brrrr

I did one from 12,500 yesterday and it was pretty damn cold. My fingers started to hurt once I started thawing out. Seems like all I really need to do is upgrade my gloves and get a decent head covering and I think I'll be OK.
I'm trying to teach myself how to set things on fire with my mind. Hey... is it hot in here?