IanDownes

'Bricking It' for my first Console.

So my next jump will be my first Console, I fall like a brick, so that has me nervous! Just generally in general (in all generalness) a big pile of nerves over it!

But I will get through it! What was everyones first solo like?

Terrifying? Or were you as tough as a two-dollar steak?

My two solos were of the most memorable jumps in my entire career.

S/L
- Don't remember squat until under canopy.
:D:D

AFF
- Very peaceful and relaxing. Just floated on my belly enjoying the view I never got to see during training. A moment of total peace of mind.

My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

For a moment, reading the title, I thought you had done a hack to a new game system and now it fails to boot up at all...

But as for skydiving, there a lots of good threads out there (somewhere!) on how students can overcome excessive nervousness. Focus on learning to do everything as best as possible, realize that everyone else was nervous too, and go for it...

Ahhh, I'll always remember jump #7......

I asked to help spot the load, that helped the nervousness before the jump (I was nervous prior to my spotting duty). Gave the thumbs up when I thought we were good, got the thumbs up back from a JM, and off I went. It was the first jump I knew what relaxing was. Freefall seemed like forever not having to preform for someone. Most free I ever felt in my life. I wish I could do that jump again and again.

Enjoy!

For your solo jump, try to improve your belly skills. Try turning with your legs only. Try side-slides. Stuff that can help you with group jumps later. If you have time throw a flip or track in there. You will find that you have more time since you are not trying to pass a specific level. Most of all ENJOY and learn from every jump!

Ooh! Planning anything special? I did flips on mine. A LOT of flips!

Hmm. Come to think of it, I really haven't done flips in a while. Gonna have to put that on my to-do list...

Dude - you sound like a whuffo!
"The ground does not care who you are. It will always be tougher than the human behind the controls."

~ CanuckInUSA

My first console was one of the most fun jumps I ever did. I struggled so hard to pass all the AFF levels with instructors that I could not wait to jump alone and just enjoy :) I was so relaxed on the way up to alltitude that I forgot to arch when I jumped out :P After I got stable I didnt do shit untill it was time to pull, just enjoyed the view and got a "ground rush" for the first time ;)