FastRodriguez

Can you recommend a gear store in Europe?

Afternoon guys :)

I have purchased a new rig and I need to buy a few bits and pieces ( Packing mat, rubber bands, lubricating spray, perhaps an audio at some point).
I purchased my G3 from the good people at chutingstar and even though their service was absolutely perfect, the customs in europe are no so nice and they made me pay a ridiculous amount of money in taxes and other things.
The shipping adds up really quick too. For example , The quote i got for sending a 50 usd packing mat was 41 usd, bringing it to a grand total of 91 dollars, add taxes to that and ill have a 150 Euros packing mat. Im looking to order from a nice store inside the Eu so i can save on taxes and the like.
Any suggestions are welcome.

Best regards

G.
"I don´t stop when I am tired. I stop when I am done"

I have found everything I need except for the lubricating spray.

lubricating spray ? maybe www.beate-uhse.com (NSFW for you prudes) :D
what would that be for ?
if it is for the yellow cables, I use a silicone spray, some people use WD-40

FWIW, I was taught to spray the yellow cutaway cables with WD-40 and wipe it off immediately (it cleans it), then spray a light coat with the silicone, let it sit a few minutes and wipe off the excess.

To the OP, both WD and silicone are available at most hardware stores here in the US.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

in Europe too :P

I would think that they would be, but I'm not there and I don't know for sure. So I include the qualifier.

I knew perfectly well that someone from over there would give an accurate (and smartass :P) response.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Thanks again.

I have read a few posts on previous threads and some people seem to hate pretty bad on WD.

I think i will go for the silicone Spray. I guess its the same type people use to protect their scuba diving gear. I dive a little myself so I know where to get it now.

For every thing else, Wingstore.aero has me covered. I really really really need to stop this shopping spree though. Skydiving gear is sooooo cool, sooooo nice looking, and I want it all!!!! I have gone through a year worth of savings in a few weeks. :)

This is gonna be fun when I tell my Girlfriend she aint getting a ring anytime soon since all my money went into buying a glorified back pack B|

*Edited to correct some awful spelling

"I don´t stop when I am tired. I stop when I am done"