ChrisD

JUMPING AFTER ??????

:)
Can sombody please explain to me the attraction to the jumping after series of posts here on this forum???

WE have:

Jumping after "having a baby,"
having a dislocated: (enter one of about 28 body parts,"

Jumping after breaking: (enter one of about 30 "body parts,")

Jumping after dislocating: (enter about 40 body parts,)

What the fuck is up with all of this ALLEGED RESEARCH????

There are like close to 900 pages of unidentified stupidiity and even more stupid answerers!!

I just don't get the sheer number of stupid questions surrou:Snding this subject???
But what do I know, "I only have one tandem jump."

I don't see them as stupid at all.

Lot's of folks get injured, have surgery, have health issues, have babies, hell it's LIFE!
They're just anxious to get back in the air!
Nothing stupid about that in my book!

I've had arthroscopic surgery on my knees - I couldn't wait to get back in the sky! I was terrified my knees wouldn't hold up. That was about 5000 jumps ago I think.
Then when I got neutered, I had to wait FOUR ENTIRE DAYS before I could jump. Oh the agony!

B|

No, no, you've got the wrong attitude. It's always a great idea to seek medical advice from anonymous people on a skydiving website who have no medical training. Embrace the logic of it.

Thanks Andy, first great chuckle of the day, :)
It's just that (as of today) the Safety section has 223 pages made up of 126362 post's with 5568 individual subjects,...if you do a search for: "Jumping After," you get 21891 posts! Thats about 17 percent of safety issues dedicated to; jumping after????

A huge percentage of that 17% are anonymous posters. Considering everyone belives what they read because it's in print, ...

Well anyways now you guys know what keeps me up at night....
But what do I know, "I only have one tandem jump."

There are quite a few....Jumping after:
your buddy
a thunderstorm
a student
consumption
structural failure
the pilot

but the best one yet

JUMPING AFTER ALL
You have the right to your opinion, and I have the right to tell you how Fu***** stupid it is.
Davelepka - "This isn't an x-box, or a Chevy truck forum"
Whatever you do, don't listen to ChrisD.

Im amazed at "can I afford to jump"...FFS if you cant work it out for yourself, you're asking the wrong question.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

No, no, you've got the wrong attitude. It's always a great idea to seek medical advice from anonymous people on a skydiving website who have no medical training. Embrace the logic of it.

:D:D

Alright, I'll bite, since I'm probably the most recent trigger for this thread. I guess my reason for asking was to get an idea of other peoples experiences, good and bad. I wasn't looking for someone to say "shit dude, rest up for 8 weeks and if you can raise your arm over your head you're good to jump!". I would have been happier to see someone point out where they screwed up in their recovery so I can avoid the same mistake. My physio doesn't know what forces are going to be working on my body in freefall, maybe someone here could've enabled me to explain it better than someone with my limited experience could.

End of the day, I'm going nowhere near a rig until I'm cleared by the doc first, and my instructor second. I'm stupid enough to want to jump out of a plane in the first place. I'm smart enough to want to land safely and in one piece. :P
You are playing chicken with a planet - you can't dodge and planets don't blink. Act accordingly.

Sometimes a doctor advises their patient to seek the counsel of like minded folks who have gone through the same thing. I had open hernia surgery with a bowel repair, and when I asked the surgeon how long until I can do stuff again he gave me specific lifting restrictions and told me to see if I could find any other jumpers who had gone through the same thing and how jumping went for them.

Sometimes a doctor advises their patient to seek the counsel of like minded folks who have gone through the same thing. I had open hernia surgery with a bowel repair, and when I asked the surgeon how long until I can do stuff again he gave me specific lifting restrictions and told me to see if I could find any other jumpers who had gone through the same thing and how jumping went for them.

That's nice. Your surgeon is a lazy cunt.

That's nice. Your surgeon is a lazy cunt.

You may be right, but at least he would admit that he had zero idea how much force opening shock exerted on internal organs and that he couldn't find any real information based on research. He's the chief of surgery for the largest medical center in the state, and has zero post surgical repairs on abdominal procedures so I figured he would be a good guy to have cut me.