tandemking

Tandem Demos?

Although I have 2750+ tandems, I MIGHT have missed something. I have researched the SIM and part 105 and can only find reference to a tandem Demo in the SIM. According to the SIM under "Extraordinary Skydives" it says, "Tandem jumps into stadiums are prohibited". I have read and re-read Part 105 and cannot find any reference to tandem demos. The Relative Workshop User Agreement says that the buyer/user shall not violate any FAR's or BSR's. Seems to me tha tandem demos are NOT allowed unless the BSR is waived. Any thoughts?

AFAIK tandem demos are ok now that the FAR has been re-written, and tandems are no longer conducted under and experimental exeption PROVIDED, bot the instructor and student meet the requirements of the demo.

If the SIM says Stadium jumps are prohibited, it also probably has an indication of who can waive that BSR. OF course DOD teams are exempt.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

That was the plan, but we got winded out, so we are going to try again in two weeks.

But, back to the subject at hand. You need to get a waiver to the BSR's to do a tandem into a stadium. You can get hold of, I think, Jim Couch, at USPA headquarters and he can help you through the process. I personally have done three tandems into the stadium here and Jacksonville, all have been very well received. It is a bit tricky jumping into the bowls though, as the winds do some awful funny things down inside of there.
blue skies,

art

Not that it counts for crap as far as the FAA is concerned... but out of interest there was one done in Holland at the weekend.

An 80 year old, blind, WWII vet did a tandem with a Red Devil, (think UK Golden Knights) onto the DZ he jumped into during the battle for Arnhem. (The film "A Bridge Too Far" for those of you who know nothing about history outside of Hollywood).

Through the efforts of DZO John Wallace working with the USPA, the FAA with the assistance of late Senator Arlen Spector, and the Relative Workshop, a waiver was obtained by the GERONIMO! Skydiving Team from Elkton, MD to perform a tandem exhibition jump into Veterans Stadium at night with the Eagles football team mascot "Swoop" for his debut. The jump was executed on the night of August 21, 1996.
www.geronimoskydiving.com

The guy must have been a lot older than 80. The Arnhem jump was in 1944....69 years ago. I doubt an 11 year old would have jumped into Arnhem.

I trained and jumped 20 Arnhem vets on the 50th anniversary of the battle in 1994, and most of those guys were old then, mid to late 70's and even one who was 80.
My computer beat me at chess, It was no match for me at kickboxing....