scottMO

Skydiving Dreams

I've had skydiving dreams in the past but I had one Sun night that was very different. I threw out at normal altitude and had a bag lock or some sort of malfunction. cut away and pulled the reserve. It only partiall opened and tangled with a main that was already cut away. I fought it all the way to treetop level but then it fully opened. I sat there and walked away from it.

At this point, I was now wide awake in my bed, heart beating strongly, 30 min before the alarm was to go off to get up. I stayed awake the next 30 min and the rest of the day was uneventful. I havent jumped since then but feel slightly apprehensive abt the next one and I know I shouldnt. I know it was just a dream, but it seemed so real..

scottMO

There are a ton of these threads floating around and I decided to bump this one because damnit I want to share my dream from last night!

So in my dream I wanted to skydive, but for some reason couldn't. Next thing I know I'm on a plane (I think it was supposed to be a 182, but the inside looked like a living room with couches and stuff) and everyone has a rig on accept me. I say "what the hell..you guys are going?!"..everyone just looked at me like, yea, duh..

So I tell the pilot I really wanted to go and asked him to take me down to get my rig, which we do. Then I'm back in the plane on the way up and I realize I forgot to put my rig on..so I start to put it on, only I can't stand up in the plane to put it on properly, so I sort of just slide it halfway on and fold straps in and out of each other and tuck them away in random spots. I walk to the front of the plane and ask "is this like ok?". The pilot looked at me and laughed "good luck with that.." and opened his door for me to jump. So I jumped. The whole freefall I could hear the pilot laughing at me. Then I pulled and ended up with 2 canopies out and I defied gravity several times to dodge bridges and other large obstructions until I finally crash landed into shallow water in what appeared to be Singapore.

Also just realized this is not the Bonfire section..

Used to have a lot of weird dreams as a student in the 70's. On our DZ during that time dream advice was to wake up before impact otherwise you would die of a heart attack in your sleep.......nothing like playing mind games with with students.
For several nights after a total malfunction (pack closure) and a low reserve opening (24' chest "OUCH!") I had dreams about going in and would wake up startled in a sweat. Getting tired of this, one night in the same dream scenario I decided to go for it and burn in........well upon impact I bounce up into the air a thousand feet and repeated impacting and bouncing up again until I woke up in a startled sweat but this time in fear that I could get hurt from repeated bouncing. :) :) :)
Today my skydiving dreams come from looking at new $$$ gear in catalogues.
www.geronimoskydiving.com

^ Haha thats great.

oldwomanc6

What a great dream. Was it an I'm scared to death type, or this is so cool and fun type of dream?

That dream happened to be cool and fun. Anytime I freefall in my dreams its awesome, but under canopy it usually goes bad. My subconscious knows I have a lot of fears with canopy piloting.

Interesting, I've had dreams of normal skydives, but in all of them I'm still terrified of the door. I've had dreams where I wake up just before moving to the otter door and I'm in a sweat.

Other times I get to the door and universially remark "I dont know what I am afraid of, this is great".

Its like my brain enjoys tormenting me.

I did have one dream of me doing an EP. I remember thinking "Damnit... Captain America (the nickname of the Nav260 I use since it alternates red-white except one blue end cell) has never failed me. What the heck? OK, cutaway... and reserve... white... boring" and the rest of the way thinking "that canopy served me well.. I hope I dont lose it" and while trying to follow it through the sky end up hanging from a tree in Canada (I jump in Maine). Then the RCMP officers come up and are like "hope you brought your passport, aye" and I wake up

I think I'm secretly afraid of Canadians...
You are not the contents of your wallet.